Naggy/vox rotation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mithryn, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

With most raid forces average over level 52 now, shouldn't Naggy and Vox be taken out of rotation and put as FFA?

2. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

If destiny wants off the rotation get your appointed leaders to post in the guild leader section.

3. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

I don't speak for Destiny. I meant it as a simple open question to the server. It seems silly to me (as a person not as a member of Destiny) to have a rotation for dragons that raiding guilds have to use engineered alts to access anyway. Wouldn't it be better to allow any guild who's levels aren't 52+ to access these dragons when/if they can?

I may be wrong in that opinion and so posed the question ... to see what others thought.

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If a guild has the forces to kill, then they should be eligible for the rotation. If a guild does not, then they should not be. As a boxing server, almost everyone had alts. Categorically eliminating guilds because they have higher level characters, is not with the spirit of a rotation system.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Well we did leave them up this week, I think, and I haven't heard a peep about killing them.

6. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

There is a large gap between characters hitting 53 and being able to down Kunark content, leaving naggy and vox as viable targets that still drop current gear. Taking them off rotation would almost certainly result in poopsocking since they are fairly easy targets for any of the current guilds on rotation. As far as I know the whole point was to avoid poopsocking so as long as guilds on rotation are still downing them, they may as well stay on rotation.

Edit: likely not actual poopsocking, but the reason for starting the rotations is still valid now.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  7. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

well in the guild leader section, it was voted 2 against 1 to stay on rotation through Novemeber. That may change in December. We're playing it by month and see how it goes.

8. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

If your guild no longer has the capability or intent to down these targets please talk to your appointed leaders and have them indicate so in the guild leader section.

9. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

I think they are better on rotation.

I know a lot of people have alts that they aren't currently leveling so Naggy/Vox are indeed viable raid targets.

Some of their drops are relevant to the end game in kunark.

Neealana and Mithryn like this.
  10. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Please don't try to squash open and honest discussion. This IS being taken care of in officer only, but also being discussed openly for opinion, as that's what free people do.

To post it twice in fact just makes me think that you're a real asshat.

Oiwon and Sturmm like this.
  11. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Read my post carefully. Never do I attempt to squash open discussion. My concern personally is that guilds not planning on doing said content remove themselves from the rotation rather than leaving it up.

Your attempt at creating drama and reading between the lines for meaning or purpose where there was none makes me think that you are a real ass-hat.

12. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

The manner in which you posted it, twice, came across rude and uncooperative Cerebro. Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but that is how it came across, and apparently to more than just one person.
    No "drama", let's just see what happens as far as the rotation goes.

Oiwon likes this.
  13. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I second Sturm, that was rude and straight up drama. save it for yo momma.

Oiwon likes this.
  14. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Do you harbour these same feelings towards text books or instruction manuals? - see if I was to say that which would be my style when being rude, it would be rude with intent.

Also, my posts actually convey 2 different things.

And since I am not staff Im not in a position to directly convey what is being discussed in the guild leader section, which is why I was directing people to talk to their leaders.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  15. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Thanks for making our point

16. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

post 1 - to the point
    post 2 - modified to the point
    post 3 - addressing your manfeelings

17. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

[​IMG]

Mithryn, Oiwon and Sturmm like this.
  18. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

cant argue with that bum

19. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I must add that I most certainly am an ass-hat. But that's okay.

Oiwon likes this.
  20. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Not wanting to fan the flames here, but after seeing Cerebro's posts, I see what a disaster it would be for the server to take them off of rotation now.

Thank you Ghakim for giving the most logical and reasonable (in my opinion) counter-argument.

sailorpinchies likes this.
  21. Seknah

Seknah Member

Cerebro's first post was rather rude, however I do not see his second post being rude outside the "ass-hat" statement, but the second post should have been the first post (without the ass-hat comment., obviously) then human nature would have seen it a different way than what it was read into. His first post made people read things into the second post that I do not see as intentional. What he was saying was people should step down from rotation if they do not or can not do the content (via too high level and not enough alts) he never said to drop the rotation, just those no longer capable of doing content should drop to open the slot for others, otherwise the targets would remain up. That is to say, there is no reason to get back on the rotation once you have enough alts of appropriate level to do the content. Reading into things that are not there in the second post because your mind has recall of the first post, not just here but in any discussion, leads to miscommunication break down and can lead into even more chaos if it goes much deeper than it currently is.ยก

Tollen likes this.
  22. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

I think it's fair to assume that for at least the next little while, people's focus will be on taking their "favourite" characters to 60. I am not sure how many people are alt-oholics (*whistles*... ahem), but I can volunteer that Austerity has a reserve of characters in the 48-52 range that permit us to continue to kill these dragons on a rotation, and I'm sure Destiny must have as well. I am not sure about Starvald's position, or any other developing guilds that may be considering joining the rotation.

That said, and in the spirit of what was accomplished between guilds over the summer when populations were at an all-time low (damn that sun!), I am certain that cooperative arrangements can be made until things stabilize. I am an officer in Austerity but do not have access to the private forum, but if I did, I would offer suggestions to help each other get through rotations in a cooperative way until class balances are equalized with alternative level 52 characters. It would certainly not be the first time we've helped each other out!

As Ghakim stated before, the yields from Naggy/Vox will continue to be in high demand long after Kunark dragons are on farm status, simply because they are a chance at some very rare, and highly coveted items.

Mithryn likes this.