A silly question. (newbie armor quests)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khorpus, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

I really love that Krakmojo and the wiki team are including newbie armor on the server wiki. I have done a lot of them, and they're actually a pretty fun way to 'gear' your wimpy characters or new alts real quick before you get into it.

They're especially cool though for introducing someone you want to play with into the game. Plus a lot of them just look sweet since we don't have dyes here (one of the few things i dearly miss from later expansions...).

They're not OP by any means, and most class/race combos have them. That being said I was curious, because I don't know how it was at all on AK since I had been in Tem for years. Does anyone know if they will ever put in the missing NPC's or fix the few problems with newbie armor quests for the ones that aren't available or is that just being left dead? Or is it exactly how it was on AK's sunset therefore kept as is? I was genuinely disappointed that my alt Barb shaman didn't have any, ha.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Oiwon likes this.
  2. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

IIRC the major issue with some of the newbie armors is that the item IDs are out of range of the 16-bit integer used to store them (>32767)

3. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

I'll just add that, the Vah Shir newbie armor cant be done due to a lack of the hollowshade moor zone. Or at least the Vah Shir Rogue armor.

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I believe this is the correct answer. The devs can't implement the quests (which would be easy) because they aren't able to add items to the database, because the client wont support the item ID's.

5. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

just keep in mind that they're a huge time sink. if you're going for max efficiency, that time would probably be better spent getting EXP. but if questing is your thing and you're in no hurry, go for it. :) you'll be wearing most of that armor for a while.

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I still wore a lot even in my 40's so it's worth it. With Kunark, maybe less so, but it's not bad.

Sturmm and Mokli like this.
  7. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Shoot, i'm still wearing most of my newbie gear in my 50's toons

8. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

So final answer would be that the newbie armor quests are staying as is for goods then? Bummer. Okay thanks guys for the input.