Final day before kunark release.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PompeiiEQ, Oct 6, 2015.

1. PompeiiEQ

PompeiiEQ Active Member

Who's excited?! I know I am. I know Rob said he was expecting the event to start around 4PM EST tomorrow. Is there any last things we can do on the Dev server tonight to help with the roll-out tomorrow? I will be available after 6-7 EST this evening if there is anything I can help with. Bring on Kunark!

2. Seknah

Seknah Member

I am excited, but not excited. Like too excited to be excited? I'm not even level 10 yet, but this should open up more options for me to level in, though in all honesty I will likely still level in old world mainly because I am a faction whore and I have a goal of fixing factions with my Team Fear trio (to an extent) and of course I want to do the "Solusek" Armor quests (Shaman - Lake Rathe, Cleric - Solusek Temple) but with Kunark it opens up the iksar warrior stuff for my warrior. Not to mention adding in the Cabalis questlines for my Warrior and Shaman. Oh so much to do, if I wasn't working for a promotion at work I would have been closer to 50 by now .., By as I say, RL > VL .., Now, I should make 60 before Velious =P

3. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Definitely looking forward to it!

I'm in the middle, at about level 31, but in some ways I wouldn't mind being a little lower... I have great memories of grinding at the windmill on LOIO. I seem to recall I was in my late teens and 20's then. WW Giant Forts were also great fun... good experience and always a chance at the elusive Forest Loop! I enjoyed low, mid, and high level Kunark... all fun stuff :)

4. Zanders

Zanders New Member

Thought it was 5 pm Eastern ? 4 Central, 3 Mountain, 2 Pacific ?

5. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

It is 2pm Pacific, which is 5pm EST. You got it Zanders... but the original time (put out a couple of weeks ago) was an hour or so earlier, but today's announcement set up the time for tomorrow.

6. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

I'm with a lot of you there, the girl and I are just now breaking into our 40's. My teenage self would kick my ass for not prioritizing EQ and playing more :). I'm excited to see all of you guys getting your epics and stuff even though I'll be on the late side of all of it. On a better note, time spent not on TAKP hasn't been in vain. We just went to the Oktoberfest festival last weekend in the mountains when we could have been grinding xp and it was awesome as always! And I have a new job and a couple of other games as well (gasp!) that have kept my time occupied. Not to mention Legacy of the Void coming out Nov 10th ;). There is a lot to do Seknah but that's what keeps it fun, we truly never really run out of sh** to do in EQ! It's EVERquest after all. So long as this server runs we will have plenty of time to play. Not to mention that once we hit 60 there are no benefits from xp until AA's and luclin and 65 with PoP, it will just be all of the farmed/raided/quested gear and bells and whistles. I'd like to think we have plenty of time to catch up with the heavy game players here.

I might even skip an EQ night to go have a beer with Sturmm since I found out we live so close :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Mokli and Sturmm like this.
  7. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Let's do eeeeeett!!!!

Khorpus likes this.
  8. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

I'm jealous! I'd like to join you guys :)

Khorpus likes this.
  9. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

You said you were gonna come out before, make it happen Suri!

10. Khorpus

That'd be awesome!

11. Suriinya

I'll be in Colorado around Thanksgiving. Drive over and hang with us haha

Sturmm likes this.
  12. Khorpus

Hmm what part of CO?

13. Suriinya

Estes Park

14. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

How cool! Isn't that where The Stanley Hotel is? "The Shining" and all that? I wanna come there for Halloween sometime.

15. Suriinya

Yep! That's where they filmed The Shining. I spend a couple weeks a year there because my family owns timeshare. And I love the mountains.

16. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Creepy. Do you have to count to 10 to go down those hallways?

[​IMG]

17. Khorpus

I've spent a little bit of time there as well and I loved it. I have plenty of mountains a lot closer but still loved EP. Never knew The Shining was filmed there, hah.