Removed warrior mitigation ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by echofinder, Apr 8, 2015.

1. echofinder

echofinder Member

I noticed the last update with the removed 5% innate warrior mitigation. I actually had no idea of the mechanic in place but just assumed that a warrior would mitigate better than other tank classes that also get spells etc.

Is the removed bonus to get back to a known model on Al'kabor? What is the reasoning behind this?

Trying to learn my class and find maybe a little carrot dangling in front of me for the benefit of warrior class :)

2. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Apparently its something that was added for warriors later. Warriors do mitigate better than other tanks as you get higher in levels though higher skill caps on things like dodge, parry, and ripost and possibly defence compared to other tanks. Disciplines are what really seperates warriors from knights.

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Warrior mitigation boost was after pop, was what I was told by Torven last night. So it was removed. The only thing warriors dont have on knights is instant aggro. So warriors will always be better tanks.

H

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2003-2.html

it was given a migitation boost on December 18, 2003 which is a year later.

5. Spankage

Spankage Member

Do warriors still take DI19's max instead of DI20's or was that the 5% mitigation you guys used to imitate that?

6. mackal

mackal EQEmu Developer

That whole "only DI19" bit is totally misleading and is NOT what actually happens. It's a very incorrect over simplification. And yes, the 5% boost is where that comes in.

EDIT: Warriors modify the actual DI, not the 1-20. There will still be 20 distinct values. The "max DI19" confuses that and implies they will only have 19 distinct values.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I must admit, nerfs are the funnest part of the job.

Mokli and Speedz like this.
  8. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Warriors have plenty on instant agro options but it takes more work.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015