Mage pets and leveling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilshire, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Wilshire

Wilshire New Member

i have mostly been using my water pet to level with my self DS without the knowledge that the fire pet has a DS equal to his level, which is pretty amazing. Downside is the fire pet is a big pansy. Anybody have any thoughts or personal anecdotes about leveling with the fire pet? I'm boxing enc/cleric/Mage with my enchanter hopefully being my main.

I guess my concern is my fire pet dies so fast that I have to be quick with the chanter box to crowd control (which results in the chanter dying, a lot). With the water pet I have much more time to crowd control and then line up heals, etc, and the water pet is tremendously better at getting aggro compared to fire pet. But the DS I can apply pales in comparison. Still in crushbone at 16/16/17 but likely headed to highpass until 20 for goblins in HHK.

Thoughts?

2. necra

necra People Like Me

try spiders in upper guk until 20 they are great exp and safe it's the first right after your Zone in and through the water.

The spiders are social so either mezzong adds or pulling with pacify is a must and make sure you have your lvl16 Fire pet. Pull with level 1 nuke and send pet in once the mob is in camp. slow it if needed then if you have spare mana to nuke do so when it is low on health and about to flee.

The only spider in this camp that is kos is the named so you are able to go right up to the mobs and see which will need a pacify to do the pull. Your pet will be fine here with enc slow and cleric heals as I have done this camp myself with just a Druid box and Mage heals. Think there are 10 spiders in the camp including the names on a 28 min timer

3. colinrt

colinrt New Member

I run shammy, chanter and mage and have always used the fire pet, yes he has low hit points but he kills so quickly that I end up healing less anyway. When getting adds I send pet on one mob and then instantly heal with the shaman to draw the add or adds onto him, he can handle being beat on better than the pet or my casters can and it then lets me mez away with the enchanter to control the situation.

4. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

It would help to know what level you are. It does get easier past 20 or so once the pet has a bit more hp. Buff the mage pet with cleric buffs, and use the chanter or cleric to pacify so that you are only puling singles. Use the mage level 1 nuke to pull and run a mob to where you want to kill it, hit pet attack before the pulled mob hits the mage and it should pull off instantly.

Before 20 paci won't always be enough to split a room. But it should reduce how many you pull.

I always found mez breaks to be a pain playing chanter/mage/cleric with the fire pet. Root the mez and have pet ready to attack on break but even then the pet will instantly nuke it and break root sending the mob at the chanter. Your best bet is really to try and pull singles and if you must mez, run the enchnater around in a circle away from your other boxes until the pet taunts off if the chanter does get agro during mez breaks.

5. phresh2k3

phresh2k3 Member

yeah what cerebro said, use the chanter as the puller makes life alot easier. then you can use the mage and cleric to med for healz

6. Korbendallas

Korbendallas New Member

As others have said, after 20 it gets significantly better. Keep at it.