Possible changes to rotation(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zarwayne, Mar 15, 2015.

?

good idea?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2015.
  1. Yes

53.6%
  2. No

46.4%
  1. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

As I see it now we have a dragon that is still alive; some have complained that this presents an issue.

I propose the following: Open slots are going to be removed; in order to attempt a dragon you MUST PM me and speedz requesting a slot; at which point we will slot in an open slot at the NEXT week's rotation

(you ask on a Friday you can do it anytime Sunday-Saturday; whenever said dragon is up. If you Ask on Sunday you must wait until the following Sunday-Saturday rotation to attempt said dragon)

this is on a first come; first served basis. if that slot is taken you can have the next after it. this makes it so people with no interest to attempt vox won't upset the current rotation. also, a guild may attempt a dragon for an entire day; if they try and fail on Friday and can't seem to get it then the rotation re-establishes itself on Saturday (reverting to the guild who would have had it that day anyhow).

please keep all comments directed to me; do not talk about any other post other then yours.

2. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

I support the proposed change. I think that the rules will have to be dynamic and evolve as our population and content mature ..

3. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

The rotation got voted in.

Now people don't want a rotation because it isn't working how they thought it would.

Complicating the rotation with more rules, changes, etc is just going to make it worse.

4. Smackage

Smackage New Member

I believe what was voted in was for rotation and no gm envolvement. While those rules are not something I agree with I do not belive it should be changed so soon on.

5. Smackage

Smackage New Member

Sorry another reply. The proposal change is crazy. If you change anything do not make it for more gm involvement for a stretched team. Also this rule will have to be changed straight away with new content and new bosses as you will not be able to keep up. If you have to change it just ask the leaders of sd, dr and aus to make a set of rules as they are only people raiding or close to it and give a way in for destiny if they decide to raid.

6. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Destiny is definitely raiding. Strategy is in place, Trisi (guild leader) has sent a message to Zarwayne, and we are waiting for it to be official!!

7. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I'm not sure I understand the process by which guilds enter the rotation, but assuming it's reasonable and rational this seems like a good change.

I know there is grumbling out there about how this past week of the rotation went. Obviously there are some growing pains as the rotation gets established, and weeks of no action are unfortunate for the guild(s?) that would have otherwise raided. On the bright side, I assume that within a month or two all of the guilds that are remotely interested in dragon raiding will be on the rotation and there won't be hiccups outside of the once-in-a-long-while times a new raiding guild is ready to take their shot at getting onto the rotation. Once the rotation is going smoothly, I think all of these complaints will evaporate, but I'll encourage people to think of the rotation timing not as "a week to kill it" because the dragon will rarely if ever be up at the start of your week, but as "the week in which your dragon raid will be taking place." I imagine that dragons will rarely be up for more than the 24-48 hour window so many people seem to be clamoring for once everyone gets used to the system.
    If the potential for a rocky month or two are extremely distressing to you, then I'm not sure I know how to empathize with you, but I imagine that the pace of expac development here is going to be rough on you. Missing out on an opportunity for a fun gaming experience with your friends (the dragon raid)? I feel you. Missing out on a week of vox loot? Does not even begin to register as a thing I could possibly care about.

8. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

well nothing has changed as of yet; was just a thought I had to try to make things smoother; Currently with our rotations starting on Sunday a 24-48 hour window is not preferred because mobs may be pushed to mid-week; this makes it difficult for "weekend warrior" guilds that would only have the numbers on a weekend. Once Hate and Fear are implemented we will re-address the option of a 48-hour window. until that time I am not a fan of changing it.

Would it be better to keep it the way it is with a 48-hour window but allow guilds to reserve in advance? IE: Destiny alerted me that they want to attempt the open naggy on 3/28 so I penciled them in for it... but that required the dragon be up for an entire week before their attempt; a 48-hour window blocks them from trying him. (see my dilemma?)

9. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Every guild will have different schedules and different amounts of flexibility. I know that with Destiny our primary raid day as been Saturday for like. 8 years or something?

10. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

I am fine with whatever ends up being the case. I would like to echo what Thucy has said, there will be growing pains until things are established, then it should be easier to work things out.

On a side note, (to ZW), I did PM you a few weeks ago asking for us to have a shot at Naggy this week, and I don't know what the deal is in that regard.

11. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

I think this is a good idea that will keep raid-mob killing more streamlined. However, I think it may become burdensome for the GM's as more content is released. In order to mitigate what I see as the biggest issue, could a calendar of sorts be created on this website that can only be edited by the guild leaders? They could then pencil themselves in for whatever week and if there's ever a conflict or concern, then a GM can be brought into it?

12. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Yep I added a calendar, I have yet to get to it to see if we can customize it to our needs.

13. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Why not just keep the current system but ditch the 7 day timer, and make it 3 days? The current system in place more or less works.
    Its been discussed, it's a good balance and would work for the the majority of people. If you can't get off your ass to kill an ahead of time scheduled dragon in 3 days on a silver platter, you don't deserve it. Weekends are only 48 hours long, so the so called weekend warriors have no excuse. This has been proposed in the past. It works, it's a good balanace for everyone. It's not like anyone is poop socking or there are tons of people killing dragons these days There are only 2. If you can't make it happen in 3 days, your guild needs to step up it's game.. plain and simple!!
    Plus you can always try next week! or FFA it before somebody else does, or go and kill the other dragon. Or Phinny! He's up every day.
    This is fair for the Majority, and it's a good balance, between HArdcore and Softcore dragon hunters. Othewise, I would love to hear something else that doesn't require GM help.
    EQ has always been hard work, that takes sacrifice, and people have to work hard and come together.. and that's how you get the best gear, and kill the top mobs. It takes dedication, and those who are dedicated get rewarded.

That's why not everybody had a cloak of flames or an epic.
    Some people get lucky, others work their ass off, and nothing is on a silver platter. That's everquest, that's how it's always been

Dragons sitting up for 7 days is clearly not the answer.
    Dragons sitting up for 3 days then going FFA, is a great balance, let's give it a try.. live in harmony, be happy, play nice with one another, raid like EQ always intended, and move on!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  14. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Also the poll is a little confusing.. what am i voting for?

15. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

You guys need to work this stuff out. We are not going to custom contents to make everyone happy. This is a project to make it AK like as close as possible. Not to make the server to meet everyone's needs.

16. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

THANK YOU!

17. Sycamore

Sycamore Member

I posted this on the wrong thread, apologies:

A more extreme suggestion here, but I say pop the dragons when a new turn begins and then on top of that change them to 3 day and +-12hour respawns like was later implemented on live. This would reward the guilds who stay on top of their respawns by giving them a chance at 2 Naggy/Voxes in a single week.

We are in BETA, after all, so why not use this stage to tinker with dynamics to see if they suit us better than what we had before on AK. It was the best EQ server I ever played on, but it was still very far from perfect.

Our VT protocols on AK had a similar reward system, in that if you cleared it out quickly each time during your turn, you had a chance at a third repop just before your turn was to end. I believe these small incentives do a lot to appease the hungry raiders who want to gear up as quickly as possible, and at the same time gives others at least one shot at a dragon when their turn comes around.

18. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

I don't agree with your thoughts about getting off one's bottom, deserving, excuses or silver platters. Every player here has the right to enjoy all the content that is not level restricted. It is unfortunate that y'all feel after playing this game for less then 3 months that you have nothing left to do other then the killing of 2 dragons. As we discussed in game, I don't agree with you that leaving a dragon alive for a week a "sin".

At this point the whole argument, discussion, debate etc. has become ludicrous. I'm sure right now the people who have selflessly given of their time to create this server, these boards and the recreation of a game we all love are vomiting in their mouths.

Destiny will abide by whatever decision is made by the GMs: calendar, change of time frames whatever.

Speedz likes this.
  19. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

My suggestion works for everyone, not just Destiny, not just SD. You insinuating that i am trying to keep people from doing certain things, is insulting. I'm trying to find a compromise and middle ground that works for everyone. You're the one calling for Dragons to sit up for a week, and that's the way it's happened. And you're getting your way. Nobody else wanted that except for You/Destiny.

What have you done to compromise at all? How do you suggest we make this fair?
    Could you find it in your heart to agree with me and shorten your 7 days to 3? Ater all, we tried it your way.

Also you taking a shot at me or my guild because we have 'nothing left to do', is simply not true. And even if it were, should it matter? I don't believe so. It's insulting to the discussion to make things personal. As is the whole barbie thing. You all can hate me if you want for telling it like it is, but my intentions are good here, and i'm trying to give everyone the respect they deserve.

We've already been down the endless argument road before, arguing about semantics.

This post stated that all posts are supposed to be directed towards Zarwayne. So let's try this again.

My suggestion is keep current r0tation, which works!! and shorten the 7 day period, down to 3 days, (which is longer than an entire weekend, at which point the Dragon goes FFA) Which means there's still a chance that you can still get it should u fail. That gives you plenty of time to plan and take action and break in to the r0tation. And it keeps dragons from sitting around. And it requires very little GM assistance, really only updating the forums when the r0tation changes. It's just a temporary band-aid until we get more content... and, it works for everyone.

And of course Everybody (not just Destiny) will abide by the decisions the GM's make.
    We all respect the rotation the GM's decided even if we didn't agree. If people didn't they just left. I'm very grateful for this server, and the hard work that goes in to it. I love playing here and especially reconnecting with old friends form AK. The people here are nice, and i believe we can all work and play nice together and continue to have a great experiences!

I basically have always viewed this server like an Al'kabor 2.0, Recreated, or Al'kabor continued..

if i am wrong about that, and this is something else.. somebody please inform me, lol

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  20. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

For the sake of the GMs sanity and people playing nice I'd really rather see a mob that goes beyond its window be assigned to the next guild in the rotation rather than going FFA. We have years worth of experience with a FFA system to look at on p99 to see how much of a head ache that will cause for the GMs.

But I'm flexible and will adapt to what is decided upon.

21. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

I wasn't insinuating anything. If you feel that I insulted you then I apologize. I never said nor meant to say nor meant to imply that other guilds wouldn't follow GM decisions. I only speak for Destiny and that was all I meant.

That said, you are right that Zarwayne said all posts should be directed to him and that was my error.

So to Zarwayne: Your suggestion is perfectly fine with Destiny. If you feel that still does not work I am willing to discuss whatever framework you and the other GMs think would work. Although Destiny may not be a hard core raiding guild we still like to raid and we do contain a sizable portion of the players here (even if they do not feel the need to post here). We are committed to the success of the server.

22. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

I mean the above proposal is alright but can we make it a bit more transparent for everyone involved and design it to not require so much from the GMs? Instead of a PM to you guys can we just get a stickied thread where guilds can "sign up" for a trial. Then everyone can see when a post was made and be aware.

And maybe the guild signing up can also get in touch with the guild whose next in the rotation to let them know so it runs smoothly.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  23. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

+1