Can't create new characters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torrinn, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Every time I try to create new characters, I get a popup message that says that my character name is not accepted. It doesn't matter if I use the name randomizer, or if I create my own name. It happens on all the servers that are connected to the AK login server, not just the AK server.

I can still use my existing characters, I just can't create new ones.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  2. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and still having the same issue.

3. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I just tried creating a few characters using a totally nonsense name using random letters, that can't possibly be in use, and still getting the name rejected message. LMRXQTP is really in use on all the servers? I don't think so. Something is wrong.

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

works fine for me

upload_2024-1-15_23-53-18.png

what server are you playing on? this is TAKP

5. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I know what server this is. I can't create characters on any of the servers connected to the TAKP login server. I was clear about that. The common factor between all of the servers, is the login server, and that is maintained by the TAKP people, which is why it is posted here.

6. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

if you're trying to create a character on say pq or eqa that is say a gnome sk or pally or any sort of beastlord, those classes/race combo are not available yet and wont let you create a toon. if you can't make a human monk then something is wrong

Break, Torrinn and Walex like this.
  7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

He did say this happens on the AK server as well in the first post. You should enter a petition (petition forum) or ask a TAKP dev to look into your account. Make sure to mention its an issue on the TAKP server too.

8. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Hmm it has a limit of 8 characters.. try making a new login account and see if that works. Your second and third accounts only have 7 characters, that could work also.

9. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Looks like the name LMRXQTP was already taken by Rimidal. What are the odds?! Maybe try a different one and see if it persists

Mechaike, lurari and showstring like this.
  10. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

It turned out it was the race/class combination being invalid because the other servers aren't up to the expansions where those combinations became possible yet.

Cadsuane likes this.
  11. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

so... not TAKP server then?

Phaeton, Indi, Walex and 5 others like this.
  12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

A lot of wasted time because of this statement: It happens on all the servers that are connected to the AK login server, not just the AK server.

Next time try to be accurate in your description.

showstring, Manstache, Indi and 4 others like this.
  13. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

i amaze myself sometimes. usually always. I am amazing.

showstring, Mokli, Tuluvien and 3 others like this.
  14. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

More than just a Moo

showstring and Amirite like this.