Does this client suffer from the nvidia FPV graphic glitch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senan, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Senan

Senan New Member

Hi everyone, I just found out about this server and I was thinking of giving it a shot soon. I was curious though about a glitch that Nvidia users using this PC client on the official mac server suffered from (at least some of us) and if it was an issue on this server? The issue I'm talking about is a glitch that happens in first-person view when you swing a melee weapon. Every swing causes a bunch of jagged edges and other graphical garbage. Since I normally only play in that view, it made the game nearly unplayable for me back when I was briefly on the mac server. It didn't happen on my ATI laptop back then, but anything with a Nvidia card would experience it. I was just curious if it was happening to anyone here.

Thanks in advance for any information.

2. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Re: Does this client suffer from the nvidia FPV graphic glit

I had this glitch on a PC, yes. It was fixed by a new dll, which I downloaded and copied to my EQMAC folder. However, you should save your ini files first, because on my comp they got overwritten. Otherwise, it worked fine for me.

I am at work, so I cannot search for it, perhaps someone else can link it?

3. poursoul

poursoul Member

4. Senan

Senan New Member

Great to see there's a work around for it! Thanks for the comment and the link!

5. Senan

Senan New Member

This is off-topic, but I didn't want to make a new thread for it. I'm trying to login to the game (I downloaded the client on rerolled, pasted the files that were linked here into the root EQ directory, and started it with EQW like I figured was the procedure) but I keep getting this error, "Error 0009: Login server did not respond. Please try again later." Is the server down right now, or did I mess something up? There doesn't seem to be a clear cut guide around here so it's possible I missed something, but I can't really think of what I did wrong.

Thanks for any help.

6. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

did you change your eqhost file to our login? you need to use this one, not a generic eqemu log in. also do you have your char acccount created? you need that to log in as well. go look in your eqhost.txt in the main eq directory and make sure it is set to hit tak servers.

[Registration Servers]
    {
    "loginserver.takproject.net:6000"
    }
    [Login Servers]
    {
    "loginserver.takproject.net:6000"
    }

7. Senan

Senan New Member

Ahh, I feel like an idiot. Yeah, the eqhost wasn't set for the server. It's been quite a while since I messed with anything like this so I didn't even think about it.

In any case, it seems to be working fine now. Once I fine tune a few things I should be ready to go. Thanks for the help :).