1-3-2024

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jan 3, 2024.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Anniversary: Added 15 weapons to various mobs throughout the world. 5 each tier.

Code:
    Robregen

* removed out or era pet ATK bonus (mage, necro, and beastlord) (credit to Torven)
    * making level 50 inclusive for partial resist and migitation. used to be just level 49 and below. (credit to Torven)
    * DEV/Server Admin Tool: passing 'gridid' parameter to lua (handle_npc_waypoint), fixing AM/PM when using #time, fixed client heading when using #loc.

Database:
    Robregen

* added missing notes for certain Half Elf Warriors when entering the starting area for the first time(east freeport and Qeynos).
    * Plane of Hate: levitation is enabled.
    Elroz
    * Fixed up wolf form interactions with multiple factions, better information here : https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/illusion-faction-modifiers.28466/
    * Lots of fixes and tweaks to plane of sky based on Torven's research and notes, notably reducing/removing accuracy and +attack bonuses on most bosses, adjusting ac on most npcs, reduced ignore range on isle 7 drakes, eye and hand no longer assist each other, the hand agro radius much larger and will agro on isle 7. Adjusted respawn times on most mobs from isle 3 onward (isle 3 will be 8 hour respawn with small variance, 4-7 will be 12 hours with variance).
    * Cyclops in OOT will now attack fizzlethorp faction
    * Added 2 missing shadowed men in nektulos and fixed a 3rd that was always spawning under-world

Script:
    Robregen

* Grim's Revenge: rewrote on how the trigger works to spawn the tigers. added some faction trigger dialogs.
    * Neriak Common and Solusek Eye: the triple doors will now open all at once when clicked on.
    * Shutters is now implemented for Butcher <-> Timorous (credit to chazix for the implementation)
    Elroz
    * Removed class requirement for raincaller quest, so any class can do the ranger bow. It just requires high enough faction with the ranger guildmaster in kelethin.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    DubRemix88, Frosst and Mechaike like this.
  2. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

Awesome to hear the shuttles are working; the boats where such a huge part of my original EQ experience and memories.

3. Break

Break People Like Me

Out of curiosity, do you have any breakdown on the changes to the pets? Was it a certain number reduction across the board, or are there specific atk changes for each specific pet spell?

Thanks

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Here's what Torven says about it in the other dev channel:

5. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I've been genuinely surprised at the position of BST pet on damage parses. It makes sense that something was off. A bummer for some folks perhaps.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  6. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Oh cool, another necro nerf. Now my pet is even weaker than before!

7. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Respectfully, Necro absolutely wrecks, is an absolute DPS machine and arguably the strongest class in the game. Let's keep accuracy changes in perspective.

robregen likes this.
  8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Necro DPS is the TAKP version of "If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound."

whites and Tuluvien like this.
  9. RossGuy

While I would like to believe this to be true, there's no way of knowing without able being able to parse dots.

Kithani likes this.
  10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

It’s not like parsing DoTs is an impossible task.

During a fight parse how many casts and duration of each DoT being on the boss. Can check for landing and worn off message or just the landing and death message if you’re not letting it wear off. Take the damage per tick * ticks and add the middle value of your DoT focus for each DoT.

Stand near boss and add your pets damage. Then add any melee, proc or lifetap/poison nukes together.

It’s more tedious than other classes but yea.

This is another point of non-AKuracy I’d love to see. Much larger damage reporting ranges on melee, DoT damage displayed (both of which I think are doable?) and DoT + DD reporting for other players. Being able to parse would be cool at this point as it would add some depth to the endgame raiding more than there currently is.

Gamer1047, Break and Frosst like this.
  11. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

It's kind of a shitpost about parsing but if you're interested this is what parsing leads to:

actualspaide and Mechaike like this.
  12. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I've seen more than enough anecdotal and first hand evidence to be legitimately envious of Necro DPS and ability to pretend to be dead while doing it. I reckon they are top tier sustained dps for sure

Cadsuane likes this.
  13. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

Necromancer probably has the most variance in dps output in raids depending on the situation. Against a high hp, pet friendly single target they're gonna do great. Against an AE mob they have a hard time keeping the pet up. Against quickly dying trash they can't use their dots effectively.

Also, unless I'm mistaken we have a debuff limit here correct? That's a limiting factor for classes that rely on dots for optimal damage output that your standard ranger/wizard/rogue/monk etc don't need to consider.

RossGuy and Tuluvien like this.
  14. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

There is a debuff limit here, but the only time I've ran into issues with it is in VT. Never had an issue in Time or PoP raids in general, but mileage will vary as that all depends on raid composition and if other dotting classes are wasting debuff slots on crappy dots.

As Darchon stated, it is possible to estimate damage from counting worn off messages and ticks from DoTs that didn't wear off, then adding pet, WTD pet, nukes, procs, etc. It is such a PITA that I've only ever done it twice. It would be really nice to have DoT damage shown to at least the caster.

Necro does do great DPS on long pet friendly fights like VT bosses and Seru, and they shine more in comparison to others when the raid is smaller and fights are longer. Plane of Time bosses vary from great to average, which isn't all that different from other classes to be honest. Not having pet affinity for buffs in this era definitely hurts for the heavy AE fights, but not as bad as it does for mages. Depending on gear and the specific fight, necro pet is probably 20-30% of total necro damage so losing it sucks but isn't the end of the world. What I hate more is mobs immune or very resistant to poison, fire, disease, or magic. Necros really need to be able to land everything except cold to rank at the top.

Tuluvien likes this.
  15. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

Anyone got some more info on this nerf as far has how big in magnitude?

Does it affect pets in almost all situations or is it more for high AC boss mobs, etc?

(Super casual BST main)

16. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Shall enough that You won't notice it without detailed passing.

Kithani likes this.
  17. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Wow, voice to text butchered that.
    Small enough that you won't notice it without detailed parsing.

DubRemix88, pivoo and Tuluvien like this.
  18. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

Sounds good, for reference for people reading the thread in the future, Rob seemed to post in discord that the edited code was probably related to

25% Offense bonus for Mage Pets
    15% Offense bonus for Necro Pets
    10% Offense bonus for Bst Pets

Note that doesn’t mean 25/15/10% nerf to DPS, per our resident math nerd @Meriadoc it is reportedly a *maybe* 3-5% pet DPS nerf.

(Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood anyone)

19. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Need to parse it for a while to see on mobs I have existing logs for, but there are quite a few more misses so far.

20. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

I think most people just want to see dot damage because seeing numbers is more fun =P. Imagine playing a wizard without ever seeing the damage your nukes did, or the crits! It would be functionally the same, but far less enjoyable.

Walex, RossGuy, Kithani and 3 others like this.
  21. Break

Break People Like Me

I'm going to put a positive spin on this. It will now be easier to skill up defense!

Walex, Kithani and Tuluvien like this.
  22. RossGuy

That's less of an issue now in Time because no plays necros anymore due to lack of gear and nerfs ><

23. RossGuy

Also, Seru is pet friendly?

24. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Seru is not pet friendly in our era. Some time after our era bane monsters became vulnerable to pets, but not at this time

25. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

Yeah, I knew someone was going to call me out on that but was too lazy to go back and edit. Didn't mean Seru was pet friendly, just that he was a decent fight for necros to be among the best DPS given the length when raid numbers are lower.

26. Break

Break People Like Me

I always assumed that pets could proc mage weapons on the Emps and Serus of the world, but I never actually confirmed it. I think it was moot on Seru due to an AE, but I always equipped and used pets on Emp just to have a speed bump at the very least.

27. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

solar likes this.