Is it possible to restore deleted characters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atreides, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Atreides

Atreides New Member

I'm a returning EQ player from long ago and read about the Al'Kabor project, so I created a Server Account to start back up. I then setup 3 game accounts and was trying to figure out how to move characters from one account to the other. I deleted the characters from the EQ login thinking I could manage them from the takproject.net Game account, but no, delete actually means... delete. Bad on my part, but was wondering if it's possible to restore deleted characters? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  2. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I think only if they were above level 35, we save a backup.

3. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

This is an old game full of old players and old people tell stories, so here's an old person story about an old game.

When I rolled my first character, I explored everything I could do in Rivervale before venturing out to the Misty Thicket. That included handing in my tome to the Priest of Discord. I played for a few hours before discovering that I couldn't heal group members.... And my name plate was in Red and theirs was in Blue. It took me until the next day, searching forums and asking other players, to discover what the Priest of Discord had done to me!

So I deleted the character and rolled it again. Exactly the same. Except my buff spell looked different. And so did my inventory animated thing. I played that Cleric for all of Classic through the initial release of Luclin before I retired. I had a few alts, but I wasn't nearly the altoholic I am today.

Then years later I rolled a Druid for the first time on P99 and realized that the very first character I rolled must have been a Druid.

Palarran and Frosst like this.