Begging... What use is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by voodooutt, Oct 24, 2023.

1. voodooutt

voodooutt New Member

As the title states, why should a character skill up in begging?
    What use is it?

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

3. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Ripwind, showstring and Frosst like this.
  4. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Frosst likes this.
  5. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

something-something "your mom uses it"

Ripwind and Kithani like this.
  6. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I remember on live, people used to target the boats and practice begging while crossing the oceans.

I think you can sometimes get minor coins from NPC's if the skill is high enough, along with your charisma and faction standing, but not more than you would get from killing a low level nuisance mob, like a gnoll or kobold. I've never heard of anyone hitting the jackpot using the skill. Some NPC's can get hostile to beggars, though, and start wacking you. I think it's one of those skills, like alcohol tolerance, that they intended to add a use for in an expansion, but it fell by the wayside. Alcohol Tolerance did get at least one boss mob that cast an effect that would mimic intoxication, and alcohol tolerance would give you some protection, but that expansion will never be opened on this server.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  7. Break

Break People Like Me

That expansion will never get onto this server, but that is a great idea for a GM event if it's possible.

8. Palarran

Palarran Well-Known Member

The Breakdown in Communications series of quests from GoD required a high begging skill at one step. That's the only use I've ever been aware of, but similarly will never be part of this server.