Fatigue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by solar, Oct 15, 2023.

1. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Before GoD expansion, the yellow bar below the blue mana bar indicated how fatigued a player is. This yellow bar was repurposed to display a new resource called endurance which appears on many items alongside HP and Mana and works similarly to those resources. In our version though, we have fatigue!

Fatigue is normally 0, it can go up to 100 which means fully fatigued.
    STR/AGI/DEX get a negative adjustment equal to the difference between modified STA and current fatigue, limited to 10.
    A character with 55 stamina and 60 fatigue would lose 5 points of STR/AGI/DEX. If they had 45 stamina they would only lose 10 points because it's capped to 10. When you lose STR it can cause you to become encumbered and lower your movement rate.
    Note that having STA stat at 100 or higher negates the stat penalty effect.
    SE_Stamina spell effect directly adds to the fatigue counter. Fatigue is clamped to range 0-100. Zing!

On a 6 second timer:
    - If famished (fullness on either food/water is 0), increment fatigue by 1
    - If the player is moving (physics forward anim/velocity not zero) and has run mode enabled increment fatigue by 1. It takes 10 minutes to become fully fatigued if you autorun against a wall, for example.
    - If the player is in water increment fatigue by 1
    - If the player is not famished and fatigue has not changed since last tick, decrement fatigue by 10. Note that this triggers even while actively exercising at 100 fatigue limit, so the bar will regain a little every tick when fully spent.
    - Jumping increments fatigue by 10
    - Attacking with a weapon increments fatigue:
    Weight > 100 : +2
    Weight > 51-100 : +1
    In addition, there is 33% chance to gain +1 fatigue, 50% chance if weight > 25
    Weight is displayed with a decimal point in the item info so 123 shows up as 12.3 in the client. Wurmslayer is 150.

Augmentation, Acumen and many other spells have a fatigue affecting SE_Stamina element which works now.
    This is for next patch.

Ashenden, kicnlag, Break and 10 others like this.
  2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Does the weight of the weapon come into play? The wurmslayer was nicknamed the stamina slayer because it would wear you out faster than a lot of other weapons. Or perhaps its just because your overall weight was so high with it.

WaranRhinelander likes this.
  3. solar

Yea maybe I didn't explain that very clearly, the weight of the weapon is what increases the fatigue rate when attacking, not the overall weight.

Mokli likes this.
  4. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

5. lurari

lurari People Like Me

What are the effects when a player is max fatigued?

6. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Sheesh
    Do I need to start meaning Extinguish Fatigue?

7. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

The only thing I can recall in this era was: Can't Jump ?
    Disciples were still old-school at this point.

8. solar

The negative effects are not being able to jump and losing up to 10 STR/AGI/DEX. If you have 100 or more STA stat then you don't lose stats. It's not a big deal, just something classic that's exciting to get working again. Our version is from before the endurance revamp and we're using the real mac client that works this way so it's kind of unique.

Ashenden, Pithy, Mechaike and 4 others like this.
  9. lurari

lurari People Like Me

That's what I recalled, too, but figured it was worth clarifying since everything else is broken down so nicely!

10. Savok

Savok Active Member

Time to invest in WR bags.