Return to action

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by easyslider, Jul 21, 2023.

1. easyslider

easyslider New Member

It's been a very long time since I played. I've played most classes but in returning I'd like some input on what classes are needed the most.

actualspaide likes this.
  2. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

The only thing this server needs is players who enjoy playing the classes they like to play.
    There's an abundance of Enchanter trios to grind XP. There are literally only masochists that play monks (No AC) and Necros (no DoT parsers to show off DPS). Players with 2 PCs play rangers. Personally, I will occasionally play 3 bards at the same time.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  3. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

Yeah the server has evolved to needing players interested in enjoying niche trios: an example being two human rogues and a Halfling Paladin; or three erudite SKs without the Deadeye spell. That’s what’s needed most on the server.

But feel free to play what you would most enjoy.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Like what others have said, play what you enjoy, that way you'll stick with it. Even if you end up wanting to raid at the high end, I doubt any guild turns away any class at this point, I know we don't.

I started with an SK/Enc/Dru for my first trio and it was great. Once I got into my 50's, I PLed up a cleric for rezzes, but found the ability to summon my corpse more required than getting back some xp that I could just get back in another 30 minutes of play.

Pal/Enc/Dru is very powerful too, or BST/Enc/Dru. The Druid and Enchanter make power leveling other characters kinda easy later on.

5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Beastlord enables many trios with their versatility. That being said SK/clr/enc or pal/dru/enc are probably the strongest (in terms of content you can tackle on your own) trios if you charm. A raid geared warrior might be able to do a bit more depending on the support toons.

6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

If you want to help a guild a lot, play CLR/CLR/CLR or WIZ/WIZ/WIZ.

Jalir_D and Ripwind like this.
  7. Zanti

Zanti New Member

Gnome warriors.

8. Cillipis

I feel like there are a few gnome warriors, but is there a Human rogue other than Jiru? I never saw one on live or AK to my knowledge.

9. Sycamore

Sycamore Member

How you going to naked cr in a dungeon with a blind human rogue. Dark Elf, Please. I do enjoy your SK/SK/SK suggestion though. But three different races! Puller SK (gnome), Tank SK (ogre) and DPS SK (DE/troll). Then you could chain Voice of Thule your guild's main tank warriors, providing a rare boon too often overlooked. Overnight guild asset ftmfw.

10. Cillipis

Kinky as always, RWE.

11. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

One of these days I'm going to play my cleric trio of Akkirus, Naltron, and Donal. Maybe I'll do something dumb like play them SSF and they can only rez each other.

Cadsuane likes this.
  12. Harconis

Harconis Member

Triple harm touch would be some serious burst dps!

Hoodlum likes this.
  13. Xkallubar

Xkallubar New Member

I have a necro named kotiz, a beastlord named khati, and I think I even have a druid named Rowyl.

14. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Interesting questions.
    Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]

15. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

"Personally, I will occasionally play 3 bards at the same time."

Who's the masochist, Meri?

lurari likes this.
  16. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I think everyone has poked a bruise cause it "hurts" in a way that's more novel or interesting than painful, right?

actualspaide and Mukk like this.
  17. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

One with your hands.
    One with your feet.
    One with your…

Hoodlum likes this.
  18. Hoodlum

Hoodlum Member

Dic…tation? That’s what it was, dictation. Speak the commands. Good idea!

Kithani likes this.
  19. badpoet

badpoet Member

Parsers... parsers... we don't need no stinking parsers!