ding 65! now what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TimChen, Jul 6, 2023.

1. TimChen

TimChen Member

So finally got my entire trio to lv 65 just yesterday! Besides the obvious (grinding AAs + flagging)

what should I get done?

65 war 65 bst 65 dru

still got a few spells missing. currently following rimidal's AA guide on what to get first too.

any items I could try to get or quests I should do ?

Thanks!

2. The Shade

The Shade Active Member

Well, it is "ever"quesr... it almost never ends! Coldain 10th ring, Coldain shawl, Aid Gimil, all of the tradeskilling for these quests, flags for higher planes, join raids for better gear just to name a few.

Frosst likes this.
  3. Nafse

Nafse Well-Known Member

Personally I'm saving tradeskills for when there's absolutely nothing left to do, though I have done up to the requirements for dain ring and various bane weapons on my ranger.
    If you want to raid at some point, it's silly to skip VT. Get your emp key and camp VT shards.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Number one thing is of course AAs as you mention. A warrior with defensives compared to one without is night and day. Similarly a Druid with spell casting mastery, mental clarity and healing adept compared to one without you will notice a massive change in how long you can continuously heal. I’m always partial to getting experience passively while working towards a camped drop or quest.

But to better answer your question for that trio it largely depends on whether you intend to raid and whether you intend on making more characters.

Personally I’d suggest powerleveling a cleric. Having a box that can rez and Virtue/Symbol your trio on command is extremely valuable. An enchanter box is also extremely valuable for a quick KEI/Haste, plus they’re the most overpowered class in the event you want to try charming.

If you’re not planning on raiding the 8th Shawl is the best buff focus and FT available to both your Druid and Beastlord. Even if you do intend to raid replacing it basically requires Time gear. Coldain 8th ring is pretty useful on all three of your characters for a junk buff and the DS.

If you ever plan to play your three characters solo either grouping or in a guild/raiding spending the time to get the warrior cobalt greaves for invis click, cobalt bracer for shrink, Pegasus cloak for levitate. Both the warrior and Beastlord could begin work on the PoK Gate neck quests, they have 5/15/unlimited charges for the three tanks of them.

For your warrior focusing on making some cash to afford some decent Ornate gear, maybe some Farwater, Helmet of Rallos Zek, Blade of Carnage, Horn Spiked Shoulders, etc. The big ticket tradeable tank gear. This isn’t really worth the time investment if you intend to raid though as they all get replaced sort of quickly.

If you do intend to raid getting all the non-raid flags out of the way (Justice trial, hedge and BoT key) is a good starting point. Working on your 10 VT shards and Emperor key is another good option.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

now you can finally play the game

Baler, Kithani, Hoodlum and 5 others like this.
  6. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

Grats subwen, you really hustled those lvs out once you got CH! Go work on ssra emp key/vt shards for when they come up on our rotation next.

Check raidloot.com (some items differ slightly on this server, most melee skill % mods wont work on melee toons) to plan where to spend your dkp.

Get familiar with the flagging https://www.eqprogression.com/planes-of-power-planar-progression-flagging/

You can log your dialogue with the seer to both correct flagging order errors and check them with this server's awesome flag utility http://www.alkabor.com/flags.html

TimChen and John Stark like this.
  7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

You could explore tier 1 PoP, off the beaten path:
    • PoN hobgoblin tunnels (crawl up to Vhaksiz for a Secrets of the Planes quest piece)
    • PoN gargoyles and Mujaki areas
    • PoN big-ass croc
    • PoN spider queen (another SotP piece)
    • PoJ grallok caves (keep tradeskill mats for ceramics)
    • PoI factory (great focus effects from the Prototypes for your druid)
    • PoI Xanamech crawl for factory keys
    • PoD spider/rat tunnels (crawl back to Rallius for another SotP piece)
    • All PoJ trials for 7th Hammer access
    As you flag up, you'll unlock more zones, most of which have interesting camps and crawls that 95% of players never visit. Join the adventurous 5%.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    Hoodlum, DubRemix88 and giantfortt like this.
  8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I mean these are all good suggestions but most of them would require 3+ groups of his gear/AA tier to do. I think the PoN Gargoyles, PoJ Grallok caves or PoD spider tunnels are the only thing his trio could handle. Also the PoN Spider drops PoTorment alt access not SoTP.

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

As far as exp goes, honestly charming frogs in PoStorms (in the forest area) while the War and Bst do little to nothing is what I'd do, at least for awhile. Warriors really need to make friends with somebody instead of trio until they're geared otherwise it's gonna be rough.

10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

^ truth.

I think some people... group... with other... people? Weird, I know.

DubRemix88 and showstring like this.
  11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Group with others sure! From up 2-3 groups to down minis in a tier 1 zone, I’m not sure that’s ever happened on this server outside of a few guild members getting together to do that. Though it would be cool to see these materialize on the server.

12. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

Poor Paffa always waiting for someone to come play with him.

Pithy likes this.
  13. TimChen

TimChen Member

nice. thanks for the advice guys. currently working on VT key for my BST. atm I do have access to tier 2 pop zones. lots of back flagging required tho. need bertox and a few others.

glad to finally start playing the game :)

got the loyalist shield of honor quest finished today as well. was a fun adventure. the scripted scenes were interesting and enjoyable

14. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Nice! I like the Loyalist Shield quest, especially if you can buy the ashes :p

Break likes this.