Root Rot Trio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bluee, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Bluee

Bluee Member

I have some stragglers I was thinking of getting up in levels. all around 45-50. Wondering how a Druid / Shaman / Necro would make out root rotting together? Or would many of the DoT's overwrite each other and make it not worth the group? Definitely not too worried about optimal, just do able. Something to do when I am in the mood for slower pace life.

2. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

I think you would be better off kiting and making assist/cast macros for dots when you pass by. Then you can have pet dps.

3. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

I have 1 trio of Druid, necro, necro. Druid pulls, ensnares, roots, flamelicks for aggro. Necroes dot like crazy. Super relaxing, less efficient than aggro kiting, but still fast kills. I can recommend it.

4. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Just learning, new in EQ world, why two necros? Can you cast the same DoT from two necros and it will stack? I also don't understand the purpose of flame lick, when root rotting?

If aggro-kitting, then I understand, flame lick for aggro, two necros for two pets hammering a mob + DoT from druid and one necro.

But how are you using this setup for root rotting? Druid and one necro DoT and both pets attack, regardless of some damage they take?

5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Probably flame lick so that when/if root breaks the mob charges the druid.

pivoo likes this.
  6. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

DoTs which have debuff components do not stack (nec asystole line, nec darkness line, druid Fire DoT line).

DoTs that are pure damage can be stacked from multiple characters, as well as all of the spells in the spell line. Like the Druid Swarm line, the necro lifetap-over-time, poison, Plague, and Fire lines (FPOK, pyrocurror, ignite blood, boil blood)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    RichardCox, Mukk, pivoo and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Yep, I am lazy, the mob should hunt the druid, not the necroes if root breaks.

pivoo likes this.
  8. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Ah yes, makes sense

9. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

This is very good info, thanks for sharing!

RichardCox likes this.
  10. Bluee

Bluee Member

I could also replace one of the (druid/necro/shaman) with a bard to play some cool tunes. this is meant to be a LAZY trio for chill times. My main trio is usually Ranger/Cleric/Enchanter. Really im a altaholic so like many toons.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    pivoo likes this.
  11. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

Necro/druid/shaman is my trio. Root rotting works well. All classes have good root, malo makes it last longer, and pretty much all DoTs stack. However, you are by no means limited to just root rotting.

Before you hit the fear cap, fear kiting is really easy if you have space and lets you use necro/sham pets too. Or you can also aggro kite with either the necro or druid as the kiter. Early on the druid is probably the better kiter with the better snare and fast low mana aggro spells. At 65 I prefer kiting with the necro since the 63 snare is incredible and my normal DoTs for damage are enough to keep aggro the entire fight anyways.

Shaman slow and lots of heals also lets you face tank mobs when needed, although not the most ideal for just general exp.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    Cadsuane likes this.