Preservation or Progression?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sketchy, Dec 21, 2014.

1. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

I am in favor of rotations up to a certain extent.

However, I don't want to this to turn into p99 where a whole guild gets a raid suspension for killing a target 45seconds before their 'turn.'

Strict rotations also take the fun out of competition.

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

What competition?

This is a 10 year old game. We know every AE, every special attack, how to pull every mob, every trick to every event.

Competition on P99 is synonymous with staring at a wall for 16 hours. That is the most pants-on-head retarded thing there is.

Waking up at 6:30 AM on a Wednesday to kill raid mobs is equally retarded. I hope guilds on this server don't stoop to that level either.

I don't think that there needs to be a rotation for EVERY mob, but I just hope the raid scene has some decency. If a guild wants to try LIS or Vallon Zek when they rarely raid, let them. Don't perma-farm it for the 200th time in a row for your box's box's. Or have a rotation to split it evenly and follow that.

If you are at a raid boss before it spawns or you are in zone when it spawns (after killing it the previous spawn), you probably need to calm down.

But who knows there may not even be more than 1 raid guild here.

3. Esildor

Esildor Member

This. All of this.

The idea that classic EQ is 'hard' 15 years later is hilarious.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Wishful thinking. People and guilds still want specific items, armor sets, and server firsts.

P99 is also content that is well known. It got to the point that the server devs needed to implement raid rules. The more this server grows, the more it will be an issue, especially since content is being released in progressive format, rather aggressively aswell (read: faster than p99, lol). I would bet on it being a problem down the road. I pray that I lose that bet.

5. iance

iance New Member

So, I am guessing we are now moving fully towards being a progression server, seeing as the DE's in Kith had their loot removed. Should we start posting out of era stuff now so it gets removed from the game? I can think of a handful of other things that need to be fixed immediately if that is the case.

6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

If that's the case, then there are quite a few things that need to be added too.

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

We are removing as little as possible to try to balance things out.
    The kith drops severely trivialized top end classic gear. It had to go.

8. iance

iance New Member

I don't see how it trivializes top end classic gear, both rbb and cof are better haste items, kedge robe drops in classic from phinny which is arguably easier than general camp after all the nerfs and buffs. I don't remember the other items, I think there was some ykesha weapon that has the same proc as the ssoy. Hardly op, but you're the boss

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

You can direct your hatred toward me because I proposed the idea of disabling their loot drops.

The weapons were the worst of all. Do you really want to throw 30+ bodies at DTing golems in fearplane only to auction your bloodfires in commons because runeblades that two groups could easily farm are so much better? That thing isn't even easily replaced in Kunark. The 2h is better than a skarlon 2h with a ~15% drop rate on 4 of them, and the scimitar is a 100% drop that is 2 delay below a guk ykesha 1hander. Fearplane won't even be open for a month or two. You'd be sitting in kithicor all day every day to get your weapons, haste items, and robes in the same location-- ignoring guk, phinigel, and giants.

We get criticism for going progression and get criticism for not going progression enough. I'm sorry we (particularly me) missed the Kithicor mobs. It was the absolute worst case scenario for me. I simply don't know every single drop in the game. If there are other examples like Kith then yes, we'd like to know about them, the sooner the better. Runnyeye drops are fine enough to leave alone.

10. furst

furst Member

the yak sword was around 25% on one mob, the runeblade was extremely rare and I would use bloodfire over it easily. 150 dd is horrible aggro, and the runeblade was warrior only

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

http://eq.magelo.com/item/5507/Scimitar-of-the-Ykesha

5507 Scimitar of the Ykesha [lucy] Yes 1 0 127 1 100%

I don't know if Rob fixed the drop rate from 25% or what, but it's 100% now, and that's what it should be were it enabled.

The DD is 179 and bloodfires are also war only.

Bloodfires have the disadvantage of preventing the use of mez and would be (albeit slightly) less dps because dots can't stack. If it's more aggro then great, because it's way harder to get.

12. furst

furst Member

Well i remember on fippy it took 3 time to get my yak there