Gear Advice Please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Textman, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Textman

Textman Member

Hello Everyone,
    I have my first 3 characters up into their lower 40's. I was wondering what you guys think would be best for me to work on as far as gear goes. Should I go to Velious and work on farming the items and gems for the Thurgadin armor, or look into what armor comes from Luclin, or should I just get my toons up to 46 and work on the ornate armor from PoP? I really don't know what all is involved beyond the Velious armor as far as what I need and how hard it would be to farm. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I am unguilded so currently playing my SK, Enc, Druid trio solo.

2. Amodeo

Amodeo Member

Get gear by your self is hard but rewarding.
    Thurgading armor camping bank area to start and with more level go to arena, plate house cycle is not doable trio at that level but fun with friends.
    Farming some money and go to bazaar to fill slots, a few pieces from pop are nice and cheap a lot weapons for SK 2H and 1H, and shields.
    50 + umbral plains will get you a great druid armor, and could get some armor for SK , and harder chain but druid set is the best.
    If get Ally to CoV can do Scout quest for bracers, robe and range slots, also could buy MQ armor from others.
    Ornate armor at 55, and try to get into PoJ trials groups and access to more zones.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  3. surron

surron People Like Me

just continue leveling... most of us got 50 during classic which is trash armor... then most of us got to 60 in kunark gear which isnt much better

maybe find some camps that have good vendor drops so you can afford some 500pp ish gear from baz

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

With that trio get your Enchanter an Afflcition Haste focus item. Up to 44 the Green Silken Drape from Sol B is great. From 45-60 the best option is Circlet of Falinkan which does have some difficult requirements for a solo player without a guild, but you may be able to buy an MQ (though you woudl need to grind faction or tag Statue/AoW hits). 61+ the only option is Ceramic Skull of Decay which tends to sell around 10k on the server currently and will be an item an enchanter should always have if they are charming.

Outside of that, gear your SK. I don't think there are some amazing pieces you can obtain on your own you are likely better off spending the platinum you earn leveling on bazaar gear. If you prefer to be a solo-self found player, doing Kunark armor camps for Blood Ember then doing Kael for coldain quest armor and perhaps upgrading to the Umbral Planes armor before finally trying to camp Ornate in BoThunder.

5. Nixilplick

Nixilplick Member

Cant get ornate till 55 so keep that in mind

6. Textman

Textman Member

Sounds like very good advice. Thank you very much. I didn't mean that I am against joining a guild or want to get all my gear solo. I only meant that I'm playing casual and I haven't joined a guild yet, so raiding wasn't an option at the moment.

Thanks to everyone that took time to reply and offer advice. I apprecaite it very much. :)

7. Textman

Textman Member

That certainly is something to keep in mind, I didn't know about the level requirement for Ornate Armor. Thanks.

8. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

The easiest, fasted way, is to not worry about armor until 55.
    with exception to get some cheaper pieces from bazaar and potential handouts ;)

Spend few days with Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains and buy few cheaper ornate patters in Bazaar.
    I don't know which ones use SK, I already have 3 for my BST 53 (leather) and will start with those once I hit 55.

9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Remember each ornate piece also requires some ethereal tradeskill items you can buy in bazaar and 500 platinum. So think about each ornate piece costing an additional 750-1000 platinum from the price of the pattern/mold.

Nixilplick and pivoo like this.