Trio advice...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Textman, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Textman

Textman Member

Interesting, I ruled out the Beastlord as a tank. I always figured on tough hitting mobs, and SK would tank better than a Bst. Although I've never played one, just thinking leather wearer vs plate that the plate wearer would tank better.

2. necra

necra People Like Me

plate is better however bsts can do fine

3. scombden

scombden Member

A plate tank is better for sure. But for group content a BST is fine. Also let’s you have one char to dps/tank/slow. 65% slow is pretty good for group content. Can still do some harder named mobs in PoP (tactics and BoT) A plate tank wouldn’t need two healers though ;).

4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

BLs tank about as well as any non-plate tank, yeah. They can slow mobs 65%, hold aggro well, and pop a damage mitigation disc and/or group HoT + mana during hard fights. They also do great damage, among the best for non-charmers. Hard to go wrong with a BL as the point gnome for a starter trio.

5. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

I have a SK/ENC/DRU trio and it works fine, the only thing I wished for is that my SK was a Paladin :D.

Most of your damage in this trio will come from your enchanter. HP buffs and a rez from a paladin would have been nice. But if you are set on a SK it works fine as well, being able to snare mob's and not having to switch to your druid for that is nice as well.

If you don't want to charm on your enchanter, I'd probably pick a beastlord instead though for some extra damage.

Textman likes this.
  6. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Bst/Mag/Dru seems like a pretty baller trio.

2 pets for lazy DPS, slows, heals, harmony, ports, and the ability to PL any alt you want to level later on. You can also use snare/CoH to split in rare occasions where you need it. The only thing it's really missing is pac.

I suppose you could swap out the Dru for Clr, but then you have snare issues, so another option could be Bst/Nec/Clr, which has the added advantage of being great for deep dungeon CRs (although you trade off ports and PL capabilities).

7. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Yes, this is my main leveling trio and I love it. I should note, that I'm very bad, slow, clumsy player and I need all the help I can get. Druid's DS is very helpful and so is evacuate. :)

Missing 'pac' is probably pacify. Luckily PoP is mostly outdoor. And Cleric and Enchanter are waiting on Druid to power level them anyway ;)

8. Draxten

Draxten New Member

How would a bst ranger clr be?

9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Generally 2 melee classes isn’t advisable as you’re constantly having to reposition two of them to attack. However once your ranger gets 65 and has some bow AAs it may be alright!

Smudge likes this.
  10. Draxten

Draxten New Member

Alright. I am going to possibly return to the server and wasnt sure if I wanted to stay course with my 42 sk mage and shm or start fresh. I got burned out in HK killing guards. Need to find somewhere new if I stay with my current group.

11. Vaiac

Vaiac New Member

Trying to play a dwarf team : Paladin, cleric and rogue.
    I need to be really careful because I got no slow nor mez.

Wish me good luck !

Pithy and Tuluvien like this.
  12. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Preventative pacify and a willingness to let that pally die and get res'd should make up for mez. Lots of healing there too. There will be a lot you can handle.

13. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

All a question about apm. Try 3 enchanters and charm on All 3

solar likes this.
  14. Vaiac

Vaiac New Member

And roots, lot of roots ...

Tuluvien likes this.
  15. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I think the thing you’ll miss most is invis. Just carry a lot of potions, and find someone to help you get OT hammers at 51.

16. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

I run this trio and it’s good if you have a 2nd box for archery and the AA’s. It can be leveled up ok as well great dps 2nd tank if BST drops. DS Snare and great dps. I kept my trio in valor and could clear the entire cave with 3 toons.

17. Draxten

Draxten New Member

Good to know. I really loved my rogue also but can't think of a good group with that.

18. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Rogue shaman paladin or rogue shaman mage/wixard/necro

19. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Rogue/Bard/Shaman. Be based and tank on the shaman.

20. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I've vaguely wanted to play SHM/ROG/ROG for a while now. Tank, slow and self-heal on the shaman. Buff the rogues to the teeth. For many mobs, I suspect rogue positioning could be handled by having them autofollow the shaman, with the mob in between the SHM and ROGs. Positioning aside, rogues are fairly low-APM DPS: just mash a "spam backstabs" hotkey now and then.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  21. prattrs

prattrs Active Member

That's how it works with a backstabbing mage pet for the most part.

22. Mcast

Mcast New Member

I quit with a 60enc/60clr/60sk, the problem with 3 box is you basically have to charm.

23. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

In order to do what? I've been playing EQ for like 23 years only charmed once or twice. Have never charmed on TAKP and have a rich and fun gaming experience. Don't project your inability to enjoy yourself on the community.

scombden likes this.
  24. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

false

Mokli and Tuluvien like this.
  25. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

a4dd830081213105ee5d925064e1b569.jpg

Oiwon likes this.