A good reminder to consider.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Speedz, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

This server is NOT AK. It does not have a paid staff (well AK hardly did either)
    We are all volunteers.

With that in mind, nothing demotivates faster than:
    Personal insults either here or in game about what is or isn't in game.
    Demands for anything and attitude if we can't, won't or don't get to it when wanted.
    Exploits being taken advantage of.
    Devaluing efforts of others over your own. (Specifically ment towards the number of singular users' bug reports and such being used to minimize the overall work of the dev team or any other user as an argue point.)
    Cussing out any dev team member in any medium, public or private.
    Threats of taking your toys and moving on if you don't get your way.

The list could go on and on. But seriously guys. Have some fun, relax.
    NONE of us players or team gets paid. We all do this for the love of the game.

2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I cannot speak highly enough about the dev team and what you guys are trying to do and will do anything you need to support that goal and that of a good community here. Just know that those causing issues don't represent the majority.

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Speaking from experience, it is necessary to have a tough skin as a dev on a project like this. That being said, good job on the server. Keep up the good work.

Haynar

4. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Wow, that is all a bunch of nonsense. I hope the volume of the few complainers (at least I hope they're few in number) don't outweigh the thankfulness of the rest of us! AK was dead and, to many of us (or at least me), EQ and gaming were dead as well. Even after trying PEQ (in which I felt like a turtle in a race with a bunch of Ethiopians), it just wasn't the same and I heard the death knell of my gaming.... until this server.
    All of the devs here are VERY much appreciated by the majority (again, I hope I'm accurate with this) of the players, and I've already heard from former AK players who are wanting to join back up here as well. Thanks for everything you guys do, both seen and unseen!

5. Lyrad

Lyrad Member

6. phresh2k3

phresh2k3 Member

warn them once and if they keep harassing, ban these fools because they are being ungrateful.

Thank you for the server, as others mentioned above we really appreciate the work all the devs had and is continuously putting in!

7. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

Well said! Thank you :)

8. phresh2k3

phresh2k3 Member

and btw, to the "complainers"

If you want something fixed, ask in a polite and respectful manner. Being right doesn't mean you can be rude while getting your point across!

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

High praise coming from you, thanks. P99 set the bar very high.

10. Speedz

I love you guys. Yes we do have a thick skin. Is it thick enough? Well everyone can break once in a while. But we are still here and not going anywhere.
    There are moments where it drains everyone. But yep we pull through it. It is the people who voice positive reinforcement, PM and tells of "My god this place is fun!" that make it all worth it.

The quote above:
    I could not have worded it any better. Warnings are getting sent out more often now. The harassment rule IS in effect.
    I think my jolly softish nature has been misunderstood for weak flexibility for too long. Consider this quote a reminder.

11. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer New Member

Im addicted lol Keep up the good work guys really appreciate the efforts ignore the asshats and what nots. :mrgreen:

12. Circe

Circe New Member

I can't tell you how thankful I am that this server exists. I'm not really a "gamer" and as far as I'm concerned EQ (by which I mean Al'Kabor, which is all I've ever known) is almost more a way of life than a game. It's so great to have it back, and the main reason it's so great is that you all are working so hard to keep it going and ensure a good atmosphere here.

It's easy to forget that the silent majority tend not to spend a lot of time posting on forums. Don't forget how many of us are (quietly) having a wonderful time thanks to you people.

13. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

I love how "entitled" people seem to think it's ok to make demands of other people like you owe them something.

I'm grateful to be here.. Hopefully those that are so woefully unhappy with things will just move on - or better yet.. Learn to code and make their own perfect server =)

14. Tseer

Tseer New Member

Absolutely keep your heads up guys (and/or gals)! This is an awesome thing you have all created and hopefully most will understand things don't always work exactly how you want them to every time lol.

15. Trosh

Trosh New Member

Working in management and customer service teaches you lots of things about people. In general every single experience that someone doesn't like, they will be very vocal about. Every 10 times you do something that they love, you will get a good word. If you do everything right, but that's what's expected you get silence. This means that for every 100 people, if 80 are content, 10 pissed off, and 10 super happy - you will get 1 good word, and 10 bad ones.

That being said, this team is doing an amazing job, and people should try to realize this is a beta, and will evolve and fine-tune as it progresses. Unfortunately you will get much more people logging in to post if they are upset than you do if they are happy, it's just the nature of the beast.

There have been some EQ projects that have been totally de-railed because they person working on it was drowned in negative messages because the people who loved it stayed silent.

Be vocal about how much you appreciate the team as often as you can!

HUZZAH TAK TEAM!

16. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

I'm so grateful that people like the devs and programmers/coders here are able and willing to put in the time to make this server work. It brings me great joy and lets not forget it is free. I hope the devs have thick skin and understand what Trosh is talking about above. The silent majority is very happy but they are silent, they log on and enjoy the game for what it is and have no illusions about bloated expectations from a project like this.

We will all grow with this server, through the ups and downs. Keep it up guys there are more of us out there that are thankful for your hard work than there are people out there who want to nag and rag on the team.

17. Speedz

Really appreciate the kind reminders back to us :)
    We aren't going anywhere. This is going to keep trucking along.

18. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

More than grateful to have an opportunity to play EQ here, in this era again. AK was my last effort at holding on to EQ. My gaming days have all but died with family life taking over, but there is something different about a few nights a week on EQ, specifically AK/this server. Keep up the fantastic work.

19. kireal

kireal New Member

No idea why anyone would give your team grief. I appreciate the work you are all doing immensely, and feel you are doing a fantastic job. Thank you!

20. Tibiseus

Tibiseus New Member

This server is so good my wife is playing on it with me. /boggled

YOU GUYS ROCK! Keep up the great work and damn the naysayers!

Booya!

21. outerspace

outerspace New Member

Keep up the good work folks, your generous efforts are very much appreciated.

22. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

I'm so grateful for you guys, your work, your efforts, your time. We are so happy to see this happen. Thank you, for making this a real thing for all of us. You are recreating something that was lost that a whole lot of us never thought would happen again. There will always be bullshit, but know that a large percentage of us that don't talk a lot on forums are so excited about it. You guys are doing great, keep it up.

23. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Haters are gonna hate, this is something we did out of love. The haters can suck it! :lol:

24. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Another one here to thank you for bringing us a server with the AK spirit! You guys are awesome :)