Greetings! Trio advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juttz, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Juttz

Juttz New Member

Hi all

Have recently joined and at first was mainly solo with one toon (necro) but after dabbling with boxing I've got the itch but not sure what would compliment what

I mained a necro and a ranger on live up to omens before I called it was wondering what would be a good 3 box for basically just log in kill some stuff and log out unfortunately I have the EQ itch but not loads of time these days due to RL!!

So kinda blank canvas really just looking for a good solid trio that can work well together maybe a bit of a mix of melee and caster honestly I'm just opened to suggestions

Would like to re kindle a ranger again for nostalgia feels but so many classes I never got to try in eq so open for anything

2. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

SK, Ench, CLR is very strong if you want to charm on the Ench, as is Pal, Ench, Dru comb doing the same.

Something, Ench, Something is often the answer you are looking for if you are going to charm on the Ench because of how powerful charming is.

There are many threads on this, and a lot of really strong or interesting combos that let you do different things. Many discuss charming as a trio, but there are many threads about non-charming trios as well.

For example, some might go Pal, Ench, Dru so they can port around, sacrificing some healing power at lower levels to be able to travel fast once the Dru gets ports.

I would suggest looking through some of the many threads here in "General Discussion," as many, many combos have been specifically talked about either in their very own thread, or some of the more general trio threads.

Welcome to the server!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  3. Juttz

Juttz New Member

Ahh sounds like a plan have been looking round forums and stuff

Quite like the idea of pal enc and druid or a sk enc clr both actually sound like a lot of fun too

Might try a pal enc dru and see how I get on!

4. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Plus if druid heals not adequate it can help plvl a cleric up.

5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

My first trio was sk, enc, dru. I actually found the need to summon my corpses at lower levels more important than the actual rezzes. Once I got into my 50's I powerleveled up a cleric quick enough for rezzing.

Break likes this.
  6. Maelin

Maelin Member

I went Mage Mage Shaman, then Mage Clr Ench and now leveling Bst for Bst Mage Clr. I personally didn't find charming to be very fun, even though it is the most powerful way to play the game. You definitely want something with Lull, its why I had to abandon the original mage mage shaman trio. I really like the versatility and power of BST. A necro could fullfil the mage role, so BST CLR NEC or BST DRU NEC are also pretty good.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

If you're up in the air about starting toons, it's hard to go wrong with a druid and a couple of pet classes. Druids are just all around very strong in Luclin/PoP, and if you end up not enjoying the druid you just use it to PL the next thing. Druid/BL/mage is a very easy, strong and versatile starting trio.

Cadsuane likes this.
  8. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

There is no one perfect trio that works well for everything, so I'd figure out what parts of the game appeal to you and work from there. Do you want to crawl dungeons? Farm tradeskill mats and do tradeskills? Trio dragons? Do you want to rely on charm for dps (rewarding, but can be a hassle)? Focus on finding other people to play with and have a versatile combo that fits well with everything? Do you have a specific class you want to focus on? Figure out what's important to you and build from there.

A few different combo ideas for you if you want to stick with the necro:

Paladin - Druid - Necro: The necro gets a slow at level 39, and if you stick to undead this is a pretty powerful combo that's not reliant on charm for dps (but has the option). Works well against the living too once druid gets mini cheal at 58, but the lack of slow will make some big targets a challenge.

Ranger - Cleric - Necro: Gets you both of the classes you played. Works similar to above trio but trades some tanking power for better healing.

Necro - Bard - Druid: Versatile trio that could be played in a lot of different ways. Bard could be a utility box that mostly plays regen/mana, or you could tank on bard (will need root or other tricks to keep aggro on bard). Two charm pets possible in some zones. Very fast travel group with lots of utility.