What's the highest Damage Shield possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toomuch, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Toomuch

Toomuch Member

As the title states, I'm curious what the maximum possible damage shield is, and what items/clickies/spells make up that combination. I imagine it might be slightly different for different classes, like for example Druids have a self-buff with a damage shield in it.

Along those lines though, there's also the Girdle of Living Thorns from Tunare that can provide Spikecoat (+4 DS) which is all/all, so there's that.

There's also other items with DS clickies, like Cloak of Thorns (+1 DS from Thorny Shield) from Lady Nev in ToV, Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV (+10 DS from Frostreavers Blessing), Regal Band of the Bathezid (+25 DS from Aegis of the Bathezid), etc.

The thing is, I'm not the most familiar with Luclin items yet, specifically Vex Thal items. I'm also not the most familiar with what stacks with what, or what the absolute highest DS spell is (Ancient: Legacy of Blades?)...

Anyone have any screenshots of some insanely high damage shield, that can explain how they got it, and how it could possibly be even higher?

Mostly I'm curious to get my warriors DS as high as possible, but I'm also curious in the general max DS and how it's done.

Ready, go! ;)

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I believe you can get somewhere around 190 in Luclin by stacking everything you can - worn items, clickies, bard songs with puretone, reverse dmg shields, etc.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  3. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Has any gotten the Horn from sky yet? but i assume the 190 is with puretone running anyways

4. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

DS slots
    Slot 1 - unity of fire (35), ancient: legacy of blades (34), aegis of bathezid (25)
    Slot 2 - Dain ring(10), Fire elemental illusion (17), DS potion (33)
    Slot 3 - Spikecoat (4)(or other coat self buffs for rangers/druids) - tunare belt
    Slot 4 - icicle aura (6) or thorny shield (4)

Bard DS slots - order matters! the bard song will land without overwriting the spells above, but the spells won't land while the bard song is playing.
    Slot 1 - Psalms
    Slot 4 - McVaxius Rondo

Toomuch likes this.
  5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Luclin

worn - 8 ahr neck
    slot 1 - 35 mage clicky
    slot 2 - 32 kilva potion
    slot 3 - 4 spikecoat (or 6 bladecoat for druid)
    slot 4 - 6 icicle aura
    slot 6 - 5 akheva (or 0 for non-SK)
    bard - 47 psalm (sm3+epic+amp+[vots or shei]) + 22 mcvax (im3+verl) = 69
    * puretone: 47 psalm + 28 mcvax = 75
    debuff - 35 MoR

total - 194 SK, 191 dru, 202 puretone SK

PoP

worn - 8 ahr neck + 5 quarm cloak = 13
    slot 1 - 45 mage buff
    slot 2 - 33 kilva potion
    slot 3 - 4 spikecoat (or 13 brackencoat for druid)
    slot 4 - 15 shield of torment (or 6 icicle aura for non-plate)
    slot 6 - 10 luclin (or 0 for non-SK)
    (slot 8 - 55 spirit of the wood [5 tick duration])
    bard - 58 PoV (sm3+songblade+shei) + 58 zek (im3+blaring) = 116
    debuff - 35 MoR

total - 271 SK, 261 dru; 321/311 with SotW

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Toomuch, Ripwind, Mokli and 3 others like this.
  6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

also the druid Wrath of the Wild AA is 650 DS at level 3 and a 1-point rune. it either lasts for 1 hit or for as long as you can keep runes up, if the devs decide to implement WotW stacking with other rune spells

so with WotW, SotW, a bard and max Time gear/clickies, an SK could hit 971 DS if the devs implement a very overpowered mechanic

otherwise, 321 DS

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    showstring likes this.
  7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

SKs can only hold that hit until the runes they have in lower slots are eaten first.

The only real one that is targetable is Uproar. So as long as they don’t take more than 425 damage they can hold it.