Old raid logs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stamm, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Stamm

Stamm Member

So I managed to find an old hard drive that was in the computer I used while raiding elemtental PoP content with Stamm on AK. Does anyone know of a free data recovery tool that I can use to do a deep scan and recover all these files rather than just view what the files are?

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

that would be good to use. Torven would love to see those since it would be useful for both server code and database.

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Stamm likes this.
  4. Stamm

Stamm Member

i had the logs divided up by mob, so the files are all pretty small. I think I may have found a free one. Thanks for your help

5. fryguy503

fryguy503 Active Member

6. Stamm

Stamm Member

SO, I managed to "recover" some files with raid logs in them, but the text looks like this:

s+ç÷;I“¸≈'5gLúäÛMj†ƒ«ˇ¢I;'§ÚûÁ9ã»m»fl∂C+pUKƒÜ›°[sÍ¡ziö,¿bH˙F•é@{0x∑‹Mâø±5·G±õqØÖ8¬‘Ü˚∑‘¥s´ΩÅ¢u¶Â˘‚†˝PCà¿œ'≠îÓ±;èS¶èXo°jit°⁄G-äφöˇ7“V
    Í™÷‘„P{‡ä˚òeΩQJÌÁ|X9˛çj‘8¨±©$˙ ∑Èb7eu«u‰(.9}™± Ä<⁄ÕXø~V"ãÔ3mûÏ»Ë∞™Óa5FLïjQfl‚Y≠ó§Rírq∂Eû˛{h,‡B Bª’ц´ãå˙˛éfl®Ã˘É¨Ôó@+¶Y·.˝^∆’‰èp€ ≤∆Æ0n≠ÄÌÌ3A*âEBuMà8–p∞úÍ˙⁄›G;§¥fiïZÉnÇ*õgaÊπtCˇ”C?B5AK„]∂´Ã`ÿuÒ4Gfl˚.qÕ≤ Ñ≠é∏=Ü÷0¡˙«ˆBÛBG””=≈´·~Í™Á,«ëAí∂¨‡[P.Ò°;flœ∫üŒ4ïI√úêÎúçóeŒF∂J`„F`6îY0Oäî›e∆Ó¯‰JL^™ª˜*˙∫ò.˝í±–Ø«¬P'!R"∑3d*?yÕL.ÜvónÎaOÖ®ã@òaÒ@ˆó˚xVc”¥ºò~.ÛÒG⁄-ºßQȈÍ@[üÿ Yáá{G"¸^8”∂çw^ƒ–√óFe~â=¥∞±˝˙´x°\ßG|QË!
    bò3ÑÆ)»·fl>\Õ
    ’‘ãio
    j9ìWCOY9ñ`fç∫h`{5í DÊn÷Á0‘le?’MlÑàßÌ3OkÃÖZ?˚0åV\5’-$n¨≠´ˆñƒ{8«ó2∂rƒ?™’æ7Æà∏ÛGéçËË}zÃìÇË;¯z0±Ù4Íb)ˆïè–[–¸L©ˆoR®$:3LïTÛΩ«4¶YÅ·∑±6ß÷+ºÀ(sN\®Íbâlsx_≥◊Ï◊≥4jŒÃï•æJffi‰Átz=—`nSâ¢çzÓ⁄ùé2©ØÃ5˜R‘¬[E˜«Ÿ?ƒ‚≤RScĵØU(˜Œ‰Ä^»°¢§æ—q∏x‰å8öH€ˆ[†ÛHBÿ≥çN¬å0¢É@
    g§Ú˙nÿÈ1XCÒâ°^˘5E®ocl÷-

I'm viewing them with textedit on a mac. I previously used textedit to view these logs without problem.

Not sure where to go from here.

7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Looks like that part of the file is either corrupted or has been overwritten by something else that isn't ascii text, such as a binary.

8. Stamm

Stamm Member

Thanks for the info. I guess they are lost.