Thanks devs!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

There's a lot of grousing on the forums lately! I'm sure the devs predicted that -- players almost always complain when TAKP gets even a little bit harder -- but it's gotta suck regardless. So now seems like a good time to express my gratitude to all of our devs, who volunteer their time and skills, year in and year out, to recreate a game that we players love to play. There are friendships and communities revolving around TAKP that simply wouldn't exist without our devs' hard, and largely thankless, work. I really appreciate that.

Tesadar, Verdent, Mechaike and 18 others like this.
  2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

TAKP is a test server really. It's always a work in progress. There may be some inaccuracy in some ways if not a lot, but we do strive to make it as accurate as possible based on research and available data.

3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Keep in mind this project will spawn more servers (hopefully) and may outlast all of us in some form. Leaving things the way they are just because they've been that way for years on TAKP is not a valid argument. Sorry if that comes across as surly

Mechaike likes this.
  4. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

monk ac change confirmed

Verdent, lurari, showstring and 2 others like this.
  5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Nice nice, also looking forward to the archery fixes.

Thank you devs! <3

Verdent, Mechaike and Linkamus like this.
  6. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Time cleric breastplate

Mechaike likes this.
  7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

When the code is finished and open source you guys will be free to roll whatever kind of server you like. Monks unnerfed, archery working, OOR enabled, the works. Look forward to it in about 3 years.

Mechaike likes this.
  8. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

I see the issue right now that the staff doesnt agree on many things which is why we dont have accuracy nor pure fixed stuff

But I know the world is all about compromise, and I am not complaining here, since i am a simple person Who just happen to stumble appon the project, so All in All I am most pleased

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  9. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Dont forget single box.

10. Trebek

Trebek Member

I never played on Al’kabor but I’m happy to be playing with y’all now. Thanks for everything dev team.

11. shorttin

shorttin Member

Yes, akurate Al'Kabor 2023-24!

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I don't know why anyone is worried about exp here anyway when you'll all have to reroll!

Cerberus and Cillipis like this.
  13. robregen

plan is when PoP released. All characters will be wiped on the dev server and status will be set to 0 so no more gm commands. Pet pull, oor enabled, etc will be set.

Tesadar, Mechaike and Manstache like this.
  14. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

Right? Can’t wait to roll that third character of the same race, class and name I had since the AK days...

I know it can be thankless work, but clearly your time and attention are appreciated by all of us that log in each day to kill moon snakes in a pyramid.

So thank you.

Tesadar likes this.
  15. Cazar

Cazar Well-Known Member

But then where will you test bug fixes? Or will the code still be similar enough that this is not an issue because most of these changes are table driven?

16. robregen

most of the bug will be reported from takp once all contents are released. The real purpose of the dev server is testing new contents that isn't on takp yet. Seldomly players goes on dev server to test out bug fixes as it has in the last 5 years.

17. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I'll miss the GM commands and weaponry.

18. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I found the dev server invaluable in researching the data I needed for those magelo resist fixes in the repo. I wasn't going to level every class and race to 50+. I know you don't like how some are using this to figure out encounters or how to game the xp system, but it has other benefits other than just testing bugs on the latest pushes to it.

Verdent likes this.
  19. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

As long as we’re talking about niche uses of the dev server... I tried to use the dev server to figure out which races I like the velious textures on but I couldn’t ever get velious textures to work!