Best Info for Quests?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Stark, Oct 1, 2018.

1. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

I've been making good use of the TAKP and EQ Resources menus at the top of the forums, and appreciate those.

I was wondering, what is everyone using for accurate quest information on this server? So far I've mostly been using the Allakabor site, with supplemental information from EQAllakhazam (ZAM).

P99 has an extensive quest page that shows a list of quests for each class (I don't know how comprehensive those are) as well as a long list of Old World/Kunark/Velious quests any class can do that seems useful as a reference for its list of quests, but I have no idea how different the quests (steps, drops, components, etc.) there are from what is available on TAKP.

Is there a Quest page somewhere for TAKP that I've overlooked that has accurate info for this server?

Thanks in advance for any information.

2. lurari

lurari People Like Me

P99's quest page is from their wiki, no? You could create similar pages on our wiki. I can't count the number of times someone wants to have this resource available but is unwilling to contribute to making it happen.

Since we are true to AK/classic mechanics, there are a host of resources available. The trouble is in wading through the disinformation that's common with old EQ websites.

Also because of our era, there are only a few quests with relevant rewards. With Luclin and PoP itemization, the value of those old rewards from Classic, Kunark, and Velious is significantly reduced.

Videri-Tala likes this.
  3. John Stark

Creating wiki pages certainly wouldn't be hard, and I'd even be willing to give it a go, but that brings me back to my question: which resources to draw from that would be accurate for this specific server and whatever quirks there might be here that are preserved from the now-defunct Mac server that the devs are trying to faithfully recreate here.

For myself, its been so long since I played I can barely remember any quests besides a few Wiz quests (my main on Live more than a decade ago), let alone how to do the quests. Further, I did not play on the old Mac server, so I would have no way of knowing whether any pages I did create would be accurate here.

I'd be glad to look at "a host of a available resouces" if I knew where to start.

Further, if the P99 wiki, or Zam, or Allakabor or other "available resources" quest sections are (mostly) accurate, I wouldn't want to duplicate what is already available needlessly.

Thank you for your response.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I end up looking them up on Alla's, then after reading the quest, look at the comments 2004 and before for any changes.

The main issue is with zone revamps. If a quest takes place in one, then ZAM isn't great and you have to decode the differences. It would be great if at least the quests that are exceptions to ZAM are listed here somewhere. Greenmist can be confusing without asking fellow SK's about it for that reason, as an example.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  5. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

The P99 wiki is great but it's specific to P99 and our stuff is close but different. It also ends at Velious. We do have these as a starting point for what pages to create and then players can add to them as they complete quests and find omissions or errors.

https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/vanilla-classic-quests-list.3950/
    https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/kunark-quests-list.3289/
    https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/velious-quests-list.3929/
    https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/luclin-quests-list.5922/

6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

But you know nothing

7. John Stark

Thanks for those! I had browsed the Guides section a bit, but it seemed to focus a lot on tradeskills. I wouldn't have thought to look in the Bug Reporting area

Much obliged.

8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Well in the case of hte xpac's those lists are complete - in the case of vanilla - its been an undertaking.