[Windows]UAC & CTRL ALT DELETE bug fixed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Secrets, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

It's on rerolled. Lenas will be updating the wiki I am sure. See topic.

<3,
    Secrets

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Update the wiki yourself, lazy bum!

3. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Stereo and I were screwing around with my resolution settings after I upgraded to this client finally and we ran into some distortion issues when making EQ full screen.

I've always had these distortion lines but on my windowed version I used to run. They weren't very bad and I just dealt with it. I wanted to try full screen again so we did and text was unreadable as well as the text on the hotkeys, etc.

It seems if I change to a 4:3 setting and go windowed I get the best picture with the least amount of stretching or squishing. I also had to change some scaling effects on my graphics card settings. If I turn on full screen it's like I'm zoomed in and I get distortion lines pretty bad.

I put this here because I want to solve this issue, I've talked about it in OOC before and others mentioned they had the same problems.

4. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Hi Secrets, thanks for the fix. It does not work on my system, PC, Win10. I had unpacked your fix into my C:/EQMAC1 folder, then when I start run_eqmac, and click on "Run 1", the Client 1 window stays white and stalls. When I run "Run 2", with my original files, it works fine. Any idea?

Thanks!

5. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Mascha ! We miss you !

Elroz likes this.
  6. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

Are you running eqw.exe through the batch file? You cannot use eqw with my client.

7. lurari

lurari People Like Me

I was having this issue. As Secrets points out, eqw.exe is busted - you'll use a modified eqgame.exe shortcut.

To do so, I went to eqgame.exe, right click -> Make Shortcut. Then right click -> Properties. In the Target field, you want to add the word patchme after the quotation marks. My target field, for example, reads: "C:\Users\me\Desktop\takp\TAKP PC\TAKP\eqgame.exe" patchme

8. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

I found out what was causing the distortion lines and other weirdness. My screen was at 125% instead of 100 which threw everything off. Props to secrets to helping me fix it.

9. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

This works wonders for me. Game runs as well as ever but I can now run programs in the background without it closing all the clients! I used to get an email or something and I would open outlook and it would close all my clients... Dangerous. Now I can run whatever :)

For me there is only one bug remaining with this client which is also really dangerous and I would love to see it fixed some day. I find that a random client will get put on top at random times. Not sure what is going on, maybe it is a bug with the auto hotkey script or something. But I will be on my tank and suddenly it will swap to another character. It is especially deadly when running somewhere dangerous (or on a Sky raid) because when it switches to another character, the first character keeps running and sometimes will turn by itself. If you want any help trial and erroring stuff, lemme know.