Shadowknights pulling in raids?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vasuki, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Temerity was, and always will be, first and foremost a venue for elf cyb0rs, gnomish panache exhibitions, and 50-page threads with nothing but spider pics. Killing stuff, meh, that's just something to do between boners and arachnophobic skincrawls.

So say we all.

Radda and Neealana like this.
  2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This is from work by Zetro/Ravenwing and few others in temerity:

I don't believe the final 13 reversers were ever solved.

3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Although we have it implemented. How does it exactly work? was a there a chance to trigger or it happens everytime a slow was cast?

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

From the description/parses in the thread, it was a guaranteed thing. Just like mobs mitigating Slow are guaranteed.

Magmaton increased from 113 to 173 swings per minute AFTER Slow landed.

I think they eventually assumed a large portion of the mobs were either in PoTime or very oddball mobs like the Bullywrag Bat in PoNightmare script.

Also for reference... After Hobart updated PoFire in 2012ish, the Magmaton/Fennin mobs stopped being slow reversers. All of them were phased out at some point during PoP I believe.

5. tubingchamp

tubingchamp New Member

This thread is giving me PoP feelz... :(

Mokli likes this.
  6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Auliffe Chaoswind was also a reverser. The way it supposedly worked was that any successful slow spell, regardless of its percentage, would function as a 25% haste.

I think it's a safe bet that most of the rest were bosses in PoTime. But since the reversers were patched out in January '03 and nobody reached PoTime on Live until May (and Hobart used July '03 data for PoTime), we'll never know.

7. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

FTFY :D

8. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

I'm relatively certain the Magma Overlord was a slow reverser. During the period after reversing was removed, there were reports of the Magma Overlord mitigating slow. I was under the impression that this was a decent indication that a mob was originally a reverser.

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Magmaton?

10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The Magma Overlord is one of the groupable mini-named in the same field as Magmaton.

Del, I'm not sure what you're saying re: slow mitigation. Most PoP mobs mitigate slow to some degree; that doesn't mean they were reversers. We do know that when the PoP 17 were replaced, they all became either immune to slow or "slightly" slowable, so 90% mitigation or slow immunity would be potential clues.

Apropos of nothing, I notice that SOE seems to have changed Magmaton's slowability at least three times since our era: originally a reverser, he first became slow-immune (Jan '03), then partially slowable (sometime in '04), then, if Allas comments are to be believed, fully slowable by '08. Which is going to make judging accurate mitigation behavior tricky, given that we had no mitigation messages and EQLive slowability has changed (although I suppose it's likely still accurate at the higher-mitigation end; I doubt anything got less slowable after our era). A good reason to chase down and submit any tank logs still languishing on hard drives out there!

Mambo likes this.