Secrets's cool tweaked client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vannari, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I will see about adding it to read the eqclient.ini.

The modern eqclient.ini has settings for FPS in an Options section. I can make the default 30/30. But make it changeable.

[Options]
    MAXFPS=60
    MAXBGFPS=30

I don't want to add a new ini file.

2. fryguy503

fryguy503 Active Member

That sounds fantastic and would resolve the need for multiple DLL's for different FPS preferences.

Does the DLL currently limit Background FPS or is that something you are looking to add?

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I added reading FPS settings. Still working on the clicking on window, not sending the mouse click. Not happy with it so far, so its not in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uj4hwof9xk7znbl/eqgame.dll?dl=0

It will write the default FPS settings to the eqclient.ini, if its not in there. If the values are in there, it will read and use them.

Here are the defaults:

[Options]
    MaxFPS=30
    MaxBGFPS=30

It will limit background fps, when that window isn't in the foreground. I wouldn't set it below 20, if you want to auto /follow someone. It really goes bad at too low frame rates. This is set up for the eqw 2.32.

vannari, Mokli, Lenas and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tollen

Tollen Member

works perfect, Thank you very much.

5. Tollen

Tollen Member

the FPS limiting works great, but seeing some "alt" bug symptoms with the new DLL.

ie toons auto running or key getting stuck requiring you to toggle between clients to make it stop.