new player and also (minor) bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by subatis, Jan 24, 2017.

1. subatis

subatis New Member

Hi there everyone, just joined TAKP and have been having a ton of fun boxing a monk/shaman duo (never boxed before). Longtime (but constantly low level) player on p99 and also spent time leveling a Halfing Ranger back on Al'Kabor around 2008ish. So for one thanks for reproducing Al'Kabor and hope to see you all around in game!

Headed over to Unrest around level 12 and encountered something odd, figured I'd post it to help out...wasn't sure where to post it (didn't see a bug-specific forum) and likewise I'm not exactly an expert in all technical EQ things so if this is an issue with my client etc feel free to tell me to bug off...no pun intended

Right near the entrance to the zone (right before the last bend that opens into the fountain area) there was a ghoul + a stack of probably 2-3 darkbone skeletons (screenshot below). Naturally with my weak little Level 12s this seemed a bummer since I had no way of getting past a stack of red cons to kill yard trash. A 20ish bard happened to be in the zone who I asked for help, they came by...and said they couldn't see any of these mobs! Sure enough, I could walk right past them with no aggro etc.

They are clear as day on my machine/client. I can also target and /con them, but if I try to autoattack them (or cast a spell on them) it says I am out of range. I can see them from both my accounts, but their positions sometimes differ between 1 screen and another. Haven't spent a ton of time on TAKP yet but I have leveled in Qeynos/QHills/BB/WK and haven't encountered any similar issues so in my limited experience this seems confined to Unrest.

Anyways if I am posting in the wrong spot my bad, but figured I'd toss it up here!

Screenshot:

-Eryk and Eryn

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Happens sometimes in multiple zones. Sometimes it appears there is a named drake at the entrance to Temple of Veeshan. Equally scary.

We do also have bug forums, you didn't scroll down far enough :p

Welcome to TAKP.

3. subatis

subatis New Member

Hah...oh yeah. I see them now.

Good to know, thanks for the quick reply!

4. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Welcome! You'll find minor quirks like this here and there, but for the most part, this is one of the most flawless servers out there.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

They stack at the entrance when their position makes them fall thru the world i think. Might be fixable. It is one of those weird "quirks".