Disarming magical weapons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sowislifesowislove, Jan 30, 2017.

1. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Is this a thing? I know I've never done it. Maybe my rangers elite (55) disarm isn't high enough? I seem to remember from live that you could disarm a magical weapon and it would just go into the mobs inventory.

2. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

No drop items go back into their inventory, but magical items will cause disarm to fail currently on TAKP. The internet is a bit vague about magical items for our era. Some sources say you could, some say you couldn't. It certainly appears that by 2007 the consensus was that they could not be disarmed, but of course Sony may have changed it. If we can find some decent evidence that they should be disarmable for us, then it is a very simple change.

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Magical should go into inventory. Non-magical should fall to the ground, even if no-drop.

Thats what I remember.

I used to disarm berzerker whips in OT. They would drop to the ground even tho they were no drop. This behavior should be on eqlive still.

4. sowislifesowislove

Yep. Definitely have no prob disarming fine steel weapons etc. and I definitely remember magic weapons being disarmed and the weapon just disappearing and going into their inventory, However I understand that's not sufficient evidence. Darchon, any logs? ;)

5. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Alright I made the change so that magical weapons will go to the inventory. I've also added the ability to make specific NPCs immune to disarm.

6. sowislifesowislove

Awesome man. That's exactly what I remember. Some NPCs you couldn't disarm no matter how many times you tried. Thanks for your work!