Adventures of Langor

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Langor, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Langor

Langor Member

Hello all,

I decided I wanted to bring back memories of my youth in 2000. I started playing EverQuest right before the Ruins of Kunark expansion. So I am soloing and playing with settings that I have tried to recreate the original EQ feel. So these are my adventure videos.

Ahh yes. The first time in EQ again. Completely lost, forgotten pretty much everything. It was very rough at the beginning. I forgot what it was like being thrown to the wolves from playing these modern MMORPGs.

Murrpau likes this.
  2. Langor

Langor Member

Well I'm starting to get things down again. Went and trained some skills, turned in my starting quest for armor. Only got lost a few times!

3. Langor

Langor Member

Blues were not giving me any EXP at all. So I decided to spend my spell money to get full cloth armor. Finally I am able to kill yellows. But the struggle was real! Also, some weird bugs through out the video, like a rotating hut and satanic walking guards. PS: I turned off combat music :)

Sandi and Ransom like this.
  4. Aporia

Aporia Member

Welcome, Langor. This is absolutely awesome. I have tried several times to commit to the classic ui, but so far my efforts have been in vain. Perhaps yours will inspire me. Please, continue to keep us entertained.

Oh, and maybe check out the Qeynos sewers. I always thought it was one of the more realized and compelling newbie areas.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Ransom and Langor like this.
  5. Bob Barker

Bob Barker Member

Hah I think it's funny you mentioned this. I was just playing around with xp data the other day for my own amusement and I determined that level 4 is actually the worst hell level in the game if you base it only on lowest-level-dark-blue kills per level. Level 4, killing only level 1 mobs, would take a whopping 412 kills (this includes takp 20% xp bonus, but no racial penalty). Not a practical analysis for those low levels, but a fun fact nonetheless.

Langor and Ransom like this.
  6. Langor

Langor Member

Leveling after getting a pet was much, much faster than the previous four levels. But ran into some issues such as forgetting that pets need components and me getting lost in Qeynos looking for them! Thinking I may go to the Aqueducts for my next level. Need a good spot to hunt!

7. Langor

Langor Member

I decided to explore the Qeynos Aqueducts. I feel like there was an EXP bonus in the dungeon as it did not take very long to level up. And somehow I manage to not get too lost in there. Made it out in record time! Now where to go for my next level?

Elroz likes this.
  8. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

the original route i took when i started in 1999 was qeynos --> qeynos hills --> blackburrow --> west karana bandits --> NK --> SK --> paw / highkeep around 25

wasn't the fastest, but I sure enjoyed it... that's the same route I took here when this server started up too - did some lake rathe aviaks around 20 this time though

Langor likes this.
  9. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Blackburrow has a decent ZEM if I recall, and the mobs near the entrance are likely doable at your level, Langor. Plus you'll get gnoll fangs to turn in for XP.

10. surron

surron People Like Me

no need to med with spell book open, can just sit

11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Don't ruin his immersion.

Open that book. Feel the fear swell within you as you hear footsteps around you and are blind to what they are!

Mambo and kicnlag like this.
  12. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Wasnt there a spell that would warn you of danger?

13. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Sentinel !

14. Langor

Langor Member

Spent most of my time in Qeynos Hills. Once again, another crash selling to a merchant. After I crash with a merchant I can never sell to that merchant again. Weird bug. Anyways where to next?

15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

It probably has something to do with using an old interface that the Mac server never had or supported.

16. surron

surron People Like Me

when it happens again check your EQMac/UIErrors.txt file and see if it dumps any errors

Mambo likes this.
  17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Old interface crashes a lot. It has bugs that aren't fixed in dll.

Mambo likes this.
  18. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Going to make more? :)

19. Langor

Langor Member

Sure am, just been really busy with work.

jacky, Verdent and Aporia like this.
  20. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

What's your SITREP? still playing classic UI? What lvl are you now?

21. jacky

jacky Member

I cant seem to get this Classic UI to load... I have changed the line in the .ini file to the NewUI=FALSE recommendation... but what's the catch?