Zoning instability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thor, May 14, 2016.

1. thor

thor Member

Recently its become very common to have a client freeze and crash when zoning 3 toons within short successions of each other, am I the only one experiencing this?

2. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

starting today i have been having random toons desync after casting too, it really sucks when you learn the mage is desynced as you are waiting on a coth to land...

3. thor

thor Member

Yea now that you say that it happens without zoning too, just random disconnects , client freezes

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I had one desync yesterday in probably 8 hours. Happened to my cleric right before zoning into Droga and she died while LD rubber-banding to a goblin gang.

5. Vaynara

Vaynara Member

I have experienced this as well. I was going to make a post, looks like you beat me to it. Usually one 1 client will crash for me, not all 3 or more than 1.

6. thor

thor Member

I think its some issue with follow in tight corridors. The 1st and 2nd client will be zoning and tab to the 3rd and its frozen before even hitting the zone line. Done this in hhk many times, sola, paineel, sk-->rathe, etc

7. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

Has happened to me right now. My first two successfully zoned from Riverdale to Kith, third stuck looking at a frozen screen from just the second before it zoned. It seems to happen at least once a day to me at this point.

8. Vaynara

Vaynara Member

I have never experienced this in POK, Bazaar, or The Nexus. I've zoned into those with my 3 toons many times. Maybe that helps if there is some code anomaly.

9. thor

thor Member

It seems related to zone lines, not clicking on books etc

10. thor

thor Member

jk just happened clicking a zone >< somethings funky lately

11. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I have also noticed some weirdness in web page loads. I am wondering if our host is having some traffic issues.

12. NarcolepticLTD

NarcolepticLTD Member

I've only been on the server for less than a week, but definitely noticing some spell casting lag in the past day or so (was super smooth earlier in the week). I've not had a crash or desync from zoning yet (just started boxing, but noticing the casting lag even when solo - intermittent)

13. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Based on the timeframe, it likely isn't the server code causing this since the last patch was over a week ago. (And, there hasn't been any netcode changes in quite a while.) I'm thinking it's the host as well. I think Speedz confirmed that our server resources are normal so I don't know what else it could be really.

14. Tanis

Tanis New Member

As of recently I have been experiencing a client crash when I zone. This had not happened before, started about a 3 - 5 days ago I would say.

Regards,
    Tanis

15. green_grocer

green_grocer Member

16. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

That is super frustrating Tanis. That said, to fill GG in, the server for most players is extremely stable. Sometimes connectivity bugs show up, but they get squashed. Netcode over here he been improving non-stop, and is very solid, thanks to the Devs work. You should come try TAKP with an open mind and not preconceived notions and biases.

17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you are running multiple sessions on a PC, make sure you have a framerate limiter. My dll is also good on a pc, because there is a huge save packet sent from client to server that is blocked. That causes issues zoning too.

I do have more that I can do with netcode. It has seemed stable "enough". After I finish a few more things I want to get done before Velious, I can take another look.

Haynar

18. Tanis

Tanis New Member

Most of my experiences with Al'Kabor have been awesome, I'm not complaining about what they are doing here. I truly think its amazing. I'm extremely grateful and proud to be a part of this community. I meant no disrespect with what I said. I was simply trying to offer insight in with an issues people are having.

I sincerely hope you understand I am NOT complaining. I really appreciate what you guys do here!

Regards,
    Tanis

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  19. green_grocer

green_grocer Member

I doubt I would be allowed to play here.

Regardless, this server has close ties with Rogean and P99. Until that changes, I would need a lot more convincing to try this server out.

20. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

So, no meat spin in the Bazaar? :(

+1 to Haynar's .DLL - it fixed pretty much all of the performance-related issues I was having.

Radda likes this.
  21. Tanis

Tanis New Member

Having never played on P99 what you say makes no sense to me. What I do know is that Rob, Speedz, Haynor et al. behind the scenes are professionals. They are respectful and helpful and they help anyone who needs it when they can without breaking the rules set forth to protect the integrity of the game.

Now,
    If you have some personal issues with any of these individuals, those are your issues and really have nothing to do with the quality and experience of Al'Kabor for anyone else. Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish with your statement but I can tell you that you are wrong if you think anyone who plays on Al'Kabor would be anything but happy here.

Mithryn likes this.
  22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

No one is going to stop you from playing here if you really wanted (i think). There are ties to Rogean, as all of EQEmu has ties to him. However, he has no influence on what goes on here. Akkadius hosts the server. I know I can't convince you otherwise, so not going to try.

Thats about it really.

23. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I doubt anyone would stop you.

I doubt anyone will try.

pakman and MikayahEQ like this.
  24. NarcolepticLTD

NarcolepticLTD Member

You could just, play here and not make a big deal about it? Or not.