Zones?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Randall, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Randall

Randall New Member

Are all zones in their original form in terms of mob population (Hate, The Hole, Cazic Thule)?

Trying to plan my leveling path, thanks!

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Our date is fall of 2002 (PoP's launch), so we have the original Hole and the Luclin-era CT revamp (not yet available).

For Hate, we have the Velious-era revamp (two floors, tougher mobs upstairs) but not the 2003 revamp.

Randall likes this.
  3. Randall

Randall New Member

Nice, love the original Hole!

4. NebulusSC

NebulusSC New Member

Not sure how relevant this is but some zones have oddly low mob density, or mobs that are just missing entirely. I've gone outside West Freeport and there isn't a single orc pawn or skeleton. Same thing in Field of Bone where the pit is largely empty. Mid-level mobs like large scorpions, scaled prowlers, iksar footpads etc don't exist at all and made for awkward leveling.

5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Hates 1.45 Hole 1.0 temple CT is the luclin version.

Randall likes this.
  6. Calid

Calid New Member

Add Northern Desert of Ro near FP yone line to that list,not a single decazing skeleton,on the other hand opposed to p99 rats here drop plague rat tails.
    All in all its weird,zou have to adapt to TakP (and to the crappz client which even cant handle international kezboards) :)
    Of course 3 boxing makes up for this,totallz trivialiyes leveling.

7. Randall

Randall New Member

I haven't had a bad time in North Ro soloing with my Necro. Mobs are definitely thinner than live, but that's how it was back in the day. They didn't really start increasing starter zone mob density until some of the newer servers were released like Stromm back in 2003. Looking forward to moving to Kurns in a few levels!

8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

did you play Randall on Stromm as a cleric?

9. Randall

Randall New Member

No Rijak, Necro and Rastafarii, Bard among others. Similar in era to this server when it started. I stuck around through Omens until the group instancing kind of took over the game. Was a fun couple of years while it lasted!!

10. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Hello and welcome to TAKP!

If mobs are largely missing, please report it. Our community and our game is better off when bugs are removed from our home!

The Hole is a fantastic EXP zone. CT, when it becomes available, will have some fantastic loots but will be hairy with a risk-to-reward ratio that doesn't favor EXP but will give you some AA's while you are chasing your shinies. PoHate is a little scary, but some brave souls make it work (and become rich in the process - those epic MQ's sell well)!