/y

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Verdent, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

It recently came to my attention that one of my NAG alliance members, Pharmakos, has a gofundme to help pay with some expenses due to his cancer. Let's make this Christmas season a little easier on one of our own from our tiny online community. Pharmakos and Madriax were created on Jan 1st 2015 and he played shortly on AK before the sunset. He is as OG as they come and could use a hand. If you are in a position to give and feel inclined please do so, no amount is too small. Thanks for reading and thank you very much to the Devs for letting me post this.

https://www.gofundme.com/charlie-still-fighting-cancer

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Shawn, Vladimirr, Thunderace and 3 others like this.
  2. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

guess i'll post in case anyone needs to see the avatar to associate with the name.

thanks again man. like i already told ya Lanklus, i'm pretty timid about how far i should spread this sort of thing outside of my core group. was raised in a way that i have a bit of a hard time reaching out to ask for help... trying to get over that, tho. :) because things are rough lately and i truly could use it. been going through cancer treatment for almost three years now, first was diagnosed in January 2016.

getting my chemoport installed in the morning, pretty nervous. every prior time doing chemo i had a PICC line instead.

<3 everyone even for just reading.

Shawn, Thunderace, Faults and 5 others like this.
  3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Good luck, stay strong and stay positive!

Shawn and pharmakos like this.
  4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Dang bro, hope things get better!

5. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

F cancer. You got this.

Shawn, Sharpe and pharmakos like this.
  6. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Best of luck, I hope everything turns out well for you Pharm.

7. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

thank you Neea, Zavil, Gulo, and Advocatus. :) pretty sure a few of these other donors are TAKPers too, but no names attached.

my chemoport got installed no problem, the incision seems to be healing up pretty well. i seem to have recovered quite well from my first dose of chemo already, my pain has been going away and the tumor in my neck is shrinking! :D

i'm actually feeling really hopeful about this time, even tho this new chemo supposedly only has a 10%-15% chance of working. i started the ketogenic diet a few months ago and it slowed the growth of my cancer considerably. the doctor was gearing up to have me start chemo in June, but when i started this diet and all my tests gave good news we decided to hold off. it did keep growing tho, just slowly, so yeah chemo now. this will be the first time doing chemo since starting the diet, i've got a good feeling that the combination of the two might finally do the trick.

one thing that i need to do more of is exercise, tho. my go-to physical activity is walking, but living in Michigan and having neuropathy from the chemo, i can't really do that outside this time of year. so part of this money is going to be going towards a gym membership, so i can use their treadmills.

thanks again guys, i really appreciate even just the kind words. <3

Neealana, Sketchy, Shawn and 6 others like this.
  8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Didn't know there was a town called Bad Axe. Pretty bad axe.

pharmakos likes this.
  9. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Only place in the world named that!

When the area was first being settled, there was a crossroads that had a tree with an axe that had broken it's handle and was thus stuck in the tree. They called it the Bad Axe Corners and the name stuck.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  10. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Awesome news man. I'm glad you will be able to get some walking without having to freeze. Michigan is shaped like a mitten for a reason.

Shawn, Ransom and pharmakos like this.
  11. Shawn

Shawn People Like Me

Knock that cancer out ! And get well soon! We are all cheering you on!

Mokli, Ransom, Elroz and 2 others like this.
  12. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

was supposed to do my third dose of chemotherapy on Monday, the morning before Christmas Eve, but decided to push it back so that i'm feeling alright for Christmas Day with my girlfriend's family. so now i'm doing it on the following Monday, the morning before New Year's Eve, haha. that's a bit better, i suppose? :p at least i have no plans for New Year's.

thanks again everyone, having the extra money has been really nice. being broke for the holidays would have been a real BUMmer. i really appreciate it. <3

Verdent, Ransom and Mokli like this.
  13. Shawn

Shawn People Like Me

Merry Christmas Pharm!