Wurmslayer quest turn in?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sowislifesowislove, Oct 22, 2016.

1. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Been looking for the turn in mob all day. Allegedly you talk to Lenka Stoutheart and she starts a script for Sir Hobble to pop, however this information seems sketchy at best, some say it works, some don't http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5328 Anyway Sir Hobble is what i need here, hail him, he pops Squire Fuzzman which is the actual turn-in PC. Can anyone who's done the quest on this server give me some solid info? I spoke to a TAKP member earlier who said the above worked for him, but I have yet to get it to work. I'm 200 tracking so should be able to see him pop from almost anywhere in zone.

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Yep it works. You have to find him quickly because he can get killed by random kos mobs.

3. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Hmmm ok, does Hobble pop right away or some time after hailing?

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Pretty sure it's right away but they can be pretty far apart.

5. souske

souske Well-Known Member

Pro tip, soon as sir hobble spawns you can keep spawning squire fuzzman with hails. The real key to is to protect sir hobble because if he dies, you need to wait for him to spawn again. IIRC, Squire Fuzzman spawns in FV then runs through that underground tunnel and then out of the cave and then usually dies b the spiders near the tunnels that lead to PoK stone.

6. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

*thread necromancy*
    I've got the items for the hand-in, and I've been trying to get Sir Hobble to spawn, but I haven't seen him on track at all. I have druid strategically placed, and bound at another strategic spot to theoretically cover the area Sir Hobble should spawn in when I do the quest dialogue with bard in the FV outpost.

Does anyone know where I should be looking for Sir Hobble when I do the dialogue to trigger him?

If I did miss him the first time I tried to trigger him, and he died, does anyone know how long before I can trigger him again? I was trying last night, and again this evening with no luck.

7. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

I figured this out few months ago when I did the turn in. The script for this quest dont work like it should. The spawn points and pathing dont make sense. They are supposed to be together or meet in FV ( i think) but neither live long enough to do so. They constantly aggro everything until they die.
    Sir Hobble will spawn east side of map on the path and start walking toward FV town. He will likely not make it because he is constantly attacked and dont heal very fast. After you find him and hail him you need to evac back to FV. Youll see the halfling on track near Tunnels. He wont live long either if you dont make it to him (he will be fighting spiders). If he dies youll have to start over. Youll want a tracker. I managed to get fuzzmin to spawn twice like this.
    Fuzzmin is bugged and dont stop running when hailed. Youll have to snare him or root then ditch aggro by zoning or camping out. then come back and hand in items for Wurmslayer.

Gluck.

Mukk likes this.
  8. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

East side of the map. Ok. I'd been sticking to the west side, since that's what allakhazam and p99 said. Have tried a few times tracking the east side of the zone with no luck still.

How long did you wait in between spawning him twice? Do you think you can spawn him again right away if he gets killed?

9. xait_thegreat

xait_thegreat Member

would like more info on this, hobble is no where in sight. is he instant spawn after the dialogue from the barbarian or just wait around until he pops ??

10. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Gosh, it's been a couple years now since I did this... If I remember right, I ran east along the path after doing the quest dialogue and eventually found him kind of around the path, straight south of #9 on the map. I can't remember if he spawned right away or after 10-15 mins...sorry. He aggro's stuff, and will die, so I think it took me a couple of tries. I just killed stuff around him and did the hand in out in the field, and didn't try running him anywhere safe, or anything like that. It was definitely a pita, but it's doable.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  11. xait_thegreat

xait_thegreat Member

Just got it done. I saw him up walking the path towards FV, hailed then egressed, ran to the tunnels and found the other dude running around. He actually stopped when I hailed. heh thanks man

Mukk likes this.