Windowed Mode Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nicandrea, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Nicandrea

Nicandrea New Member

Hey guys,

I am having an issue trying to get windowed mode going. I may want to attempt boxing and I will need to stop playing full screen. I am on Macbook btw.

When I first installed the game I remember the (windowedmode=true/false) line being in the ini file. That line is no longer there. Not sure what happened. Can I manually type it back the the ini file? While playing fullscreen, I cant get out of EQ at all. Only way I can get back to my desktop is to camp. Its kind of a hassle when I want look something up or get to my iTunes. Anyway, just not sure how to get that option back in the ini file. Wasnt sure if you could manually type it and everything jive?

Thanks for any help in advance!!

2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

From the WIKI

In OS X, the eqclient.ini file is located in your user's ~/Library/Application Support/EverQuest/ directory. The Library directory is hidden by default, and is most easily accessed by having Finder active, hold OPTION and click on the 'Go' menu item, then down to Library.

Some commonly changed settings include:

• WindowedMode=TRUE/FALSE - This line must be typed out at the top but below [Defaults].

3. Nicandrea

Nicandrea New Member

Thanks Neea, I knew how to get to the ini file. Just didnt know why the "windowedmode" line in the ini file was no longer there. It sounds like if just type it in below the defaults I should be good to go? Ill give that a whirl. Then I am sure there will need to be some tweaking to get the screen size similar to full screen. :)

Thanks again!!

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

5. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Bum is full of mac tidbits. He told me how to keep Yahoo from capturing all my search engines.

6. Nicandrea

Nicandrea New Member

Hey Bum! I successfully got my two boxing going using 3 separate desktops on my Mac. I downloaded the brightness control app. You were right. Running in windowed mode is DARK. My problem is when I use the app, its maxed out and the brightness isnt very good. I feel like it should be brighter with the slider at 100% to the right?? Actually if I slide down to 50% its almost pitch black. The "gamma" setting in game doesnt seem to do anything. Im gonna have to brighten my world up in order to play like that o_O

Any ideas or something I may be missing???

Thanks in advance!! Everyone has been extremely helpfull!!

7. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

+1 because I have yet to figure out how to match my windowed mode brightness to the brightness when running full screen. Most of the time I can deal with it, but at night (in game) in some zones or underwater it gets dark fo' real.

8. necra

necra People Like Me

I use custom gamma the settings do this is in display under system preferences on 10.6.8 makes it perfect

Zacharg and Nicandrea like this.
  9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

^ Exactly what Necra said.

If your brightness seems too low your screen may not be calibrated correctly. Go to Settings > Displays > Color and hit Calibrate. Go through each of the steps carefully and tweak. There is a step where you can change your baseline gamma, that's what will probably make the difference.

I play in windowed mode and don't have to use any third party brightness stuff.

Zacharg, Nicandrea and Pithy like this.
  10. Nicandrea

Nicandrea New Member

Gotcha! I will look into that this evening! Thanks again!

11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Nice tip, thanks Necra and Lenas.

Nicandrea likes this.