Win 10k! Luclin lore in a tweet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I donno about you, but I have no clue about the storylines of Luclin.
    • Where the hell did these four-armed aliens come from?
    • What about the snakes?
    • Are the robe guys in Akeva and Vex Thal, um, ghosts?
    • Who was Vah Kerrath, and what's he got to do with AHR's soul essence?
    • Do Ssra snakes... like... eat iksar?
    • Why is Emp's sword called the sword of godslaying?
    • How did these chumpy humans get on the moon, and why do the Seru ones hate the Katta ones?
    • Is there a coup within Seru to overthrow the inquisitor? Or did he, like, do a coup? Or both?
    • Who made the cats?
    • Who made the cat vamps?
    • What up with the undead cat army in inner Acrylia?
    Answer some or all of those, or any other question about the moon, and you can win a 10k plat prize. 280 character limit, but you can enter multiple tweets as long as they cover different topics. I'll award a random number of prizes totally subjectively until I get bored. Try to make 'em funny, informative or both!

Oiwon, Sketchy and Draeko like this.
  2. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

The Vah Shir are descended from the Kerra of Odus. When the Erudites blew up old Paineel, creating the Hole, a bunch of Kerra were flung/ported all the way to the moon. The city of Shar Vahl sits in a crater on the rock that was flung/ported from Odus

Erudites always blowing shit up

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Oiwon and Pithy like this.
  3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The Shissar ruled Kunark, enslaved the iksar, angered the gods, fled The Greenmist. They created The Grey to protect themselves, but did not escape the mist as completely as they thought: the means of their destruction came with them.

Mokli, Pithy and Draeko like this.
  4. Beaaden

Beaaden Active Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Oiwon, Draeko and Mokli like this.
  5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Haha, did the Erudites really nuke Paineel so hard that it rocketed a bunch of hapless cat-men to the moon?

6. Beaaden

Beaaden Active Member

That is the story i always heard.

7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

You are welcome.

8. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

10k for Draeko and Ravenwing, btw!

9. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

The cats went to the moon to chase all of the mice, which had themselves gone there, of course, because the moon is made of green cheese.

Some of the cats were too greedy and gluttonous, and ate up all of the mice in their lands; those cats began to prey upon one another and other creatures, gaining a thirst for blood, and thus bringing the curse of vampirism upon their race.

10. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

The snakes are those ancient serpents from the fabled, lost land of elder Ire, from which they were driven for their squamous sins against the warm blooded races of men and Faerie, having first taken refuge thereafter in Stygia before leaving there terrene existence altogether to join the lunacy of the moon.

11. bijaz

bijaz Member

12. bijaz

bijaz Member

Seru is a fascist fanatical racial purist who set himself up as a living god, Katta rebelled and started her open-to-all city to oppose his tyranny.

lurari likes this.
  13. bijaz

bijaz Member

Akelha`Ra was the leader of the Akhevan and somehow spawned Atenha'Ra from their consciousness who then opposed the Akhevans working with the Combine empire. Then, Atenha 'Ra caused a lot of destruction shutting off the link the empire had to Norrath.

Pithy likes this.
  14. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Vah Kerrath was a Vah Shir king, he helped to rebuild Shar Vahl. Grimlings overtook the mines and forests (The Mushroom Forest) that the Vah Shir were mining, and pushed them back toward their city. They renamed the forest the Grimling Forest. Vah Kerrath's head shaman Dar Khura discovered the Akheva at this same time. The Akheva are immortal, but upon resurrection after being slain, a vital member of the spirit world perishes.

Dar Khura led a band of warriors to find out more about the Akheva, but never returned. In the same time frame, Khati Sha, the explorer beastlord of the Vah Shir, disappeared near the Grey while exploring. Vah Kerrath went to search for Dar Khura but never returned. Lost among the Akheva.

I imagine AHR was the one to kill Vah Kerrath.

Found some of this on this blog: https://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/category/vah-kerrath/

This lore is pretty cool actually. I'm going to dig more. Never knew much about Luclin.

15. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I missed the whole 280 character thing. Here's my TLDR summary in the view of an EQ raider:

Vah Kerrath went with an all Vah Shir raid to CR Dar Khura and wiped. Didn't even get VT keys. Now he hands out medallions, wishing his raid parties could have enchanters or clerics "back in the day." Another reason for diversity in raiding.

Pithy likes this.
  16. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

If the Luclin lore feels unfinished, or hurried, in a way, it's because it probably was. You can see they wanted to go with a whole nother set of factional stuff like they did with dwarves vs giants vs dragons in Velious, this time Katta vs Seru (and maybe the cats taking the role of the dwarves?). But somewhere during development, it was dropped. Likely the people responsible for this style of content were part of the group that went to develop EQ2 (basically the entire Freeport vs Qeynos subtext in vanilla EQ2 was exactly what they WANTED to do with Seru vs Katta). Those who were left either had no interest, or no time, in picking up the pieces, and rather than work with what they had, they just took a shortcut in making Shadowhaven, eliminating any need for anyone to ever worry about either Katta or Seru (seriously, even though I played Luclin when it dropped on Live, I don't think I ever saw the Katta zone until Takp, and the only reason to go into horribly unoptimized Sanctus Seru was to kill Seru, while staring straight at the ground).

Ransom likes this.
  17. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

Seru and katta were part of the combine, seru faked his own death and framed katta for poisoning him as he disagreed with katta and his pull over the combine. Some people in seru know this and seru is paranoid about the city finding out that is what all the question guards are for.

The spires to get to the moon where first opened by Grieg before he went mad

Originally most of the races fled through the spires to the moon to get away from government type tyranny and form the combine

The 4 arms are original species to the moon from what I gather and there was a civil war, that’s where the split between AR and vex thal comes from

I always thought the cat people and grim lungs were original species in the moon and they are at war over the acrylic mines

The Shissar were from Norath but became so powerful that the emp referred himself as a god more powerful then the rest. This angered the gods so they created the most to kill them. The shissar used magic and found a way to transport to the moon to get away from the mist and then created the vacuum in the Grey to stop the mist if the gods were to attack them on the moon.

18. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

I’m not positive on how much of that is actual lore vs fan fiction those are just the things I read that make some simbalince of sense.

Emp claiming he was a god and could kill other gods could be why the sword is named.

The grimmling wars between the vah Shir and grimlings is pretty self explanatory

The civil war between the 4 arms I think is mentioned when doing the vt key quest

A lot of the seru katta stuff is mentioned in the Singiltary earring quest

Grieg being a wizard supports he opening the spirals to the moon

Seru and katta being filled with races from norrath support the fleeing through the spires because of some form of tyranny and the forming of the combine supports it to be some kind of government type stuff

19. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Here's one from me (and this source):

After snakes fled moonward, good races formed the Combine Empire. It grew, discovered snake ports, and fell: Seru poisoned Emperor Tsaph Katta for admitting dark races. Lcea's Loyalists fled through a one-way moon port, then built KC. Seru's Inquisition chased, building SSeru.

20. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Here's a nice timeline of EQ lore, btw. It covers creation through the present age. Some of the lore seems to have been created for other expansions (notably GoD and OoW), but most of it comes from the original Verant devs.

21. JR901

JR901 New Member

The kitties finally decided to chase that great big laser pointer in the sky. #onesmallpounce #onegiantleapforkittykind

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Manstache likes this.
  22. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Imagine all the fun one could have with four arms? You lore nerds are adorable! The only EQ stories I am interested in are the player driven ones. The great Tolon fiasco, the rise and fall of guilds, and the goings on of the various people who play here.

23. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

24. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

Have a seat, children, whilst I tell ye the tale of Sketchy the Lost. They say he was tall as fourteen bales of Jazz Cabbage, and smoked the same denomination all in one sitting every morning! Then, taking a mighty swig from his bag of milk, he would wander aimlessly through Siren-infested waterways.

"Oh he must have been seeking a great adventure!", you may think. And that is exactly why the Krampus stalks your breath at night you silly, dim child. Wrong! Completely wrong!

No child. The truth is simply that he was lost as shit, and crazier than an outhouse rat. Yet still he marched, for hours and hours, often straight into a wall just inches from the tunnel he was hoping to find. But find it he would not, for he had wandered away from his keyboard long before his face met that cold and indifferent wall.

The pizza rolls in the oven beckoned him, far louder than the sirens all around. It would be hours, sometimes days, before he'd remember what Everquest was - or that he owned a computer. But when he did return it would be time for a great adventure indeed, as soon as he locates his dozens of corpses and reimburses himself the lost experience.

Come back children! Why are you running?!

Sketchy, Dane, Mokli and 1 other person like this.
  25. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

lol holy shit. will add this picture here too, it goes along with the story.

https://i.imgur.com/IJf2MzP.jpg

-edit - thats a 10k story right there, see me in game Kuron.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Lenas, Neealana and Pithy like this.
  26. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

I forgot I made "lost as shit" an option on that compass hahaha

27. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

has firefall keep been mentioned? there was supposed to be fire tribe aliens raid zone