Where is the server at?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Albel, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivthis

Rivthis New Member

I thought it was a jab at the Ps also, both of them, but can see how it could be taken a different way.

Keep up the great work everyone.

2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

How is saying 'we want stuff to work right before launch' a jab at anyone? A server without any rivals would say the same.

Staff here has nothing but respect for project 1999's tremendous work which is exceedingly high quality.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I thought the subtle comment was about the line: Hard On

Made me lol

4. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

I was referring to bloated high end after 3? Years of Kunark. Quality of p99 is without a doubt.

5. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Another item that should be on that list is ID - 20894 - Padded Tigerskin Gloves. They were missing the following +10 Strikethrough, +15 STR, +15 CHA. The HP should have been +190 instead of +150, and they also had +20 STA that they were not supposed to have. I won a pair on AK at one point, but it was in Phase 3, which was also not correct... they should have been a Phase 5 item (dropped off CT).

I realize the Strikethrough was one of those focus effects that possibly didn't "belong" on AK, but it was intended for the item. Another focus effect was also missing on ID - 29174 - Mask of Strategic Insight, and that would be Accuracy +10

Many of the stats were incorrect, not in game breaking ways, but I know more AGI was added to many Time items later. Many stats and resists were merely swapped out at the first update... i.e. +25 CR may have been changed to +25 PR, +15 STA to +15 STR, etc. All of that can be seen in the early history of these items on Lucy (as RW pointed out)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

most had it originally in early 2003 but was changed / added later in 2003 see here: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemhistory.html?id=27000

7. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I've always felt that any changes that occurred in 2003 or earlier would have been accurate to AK, and that would include all the big item changes that came with the mid-November 2003 patch. Early 2004 patches started including "Endurance" and augment slots, and those things definitely don't "feel" right. Almost everything I've ever researched, whether it be spawn locations, spawn times, item stats, pathing changes, quest changes, etc, all seem to fall right inline with the late spring/early summer of 2003; and I believe a lot of valid corrections came about later in that same year that just never made it to AK (unfortunately).

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

This thread has blown up in the last day, but I just want to side with Torven on this one. A broken Plane of Time (especially with worthless loot) isn't fun for anyone, couldn't have been fun for Temerity, and won't be fun here. Yeah they put up with it, but what choice did they have?

Ghakim likes this.
  9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

We have a choice. They didn't.

10. robregen

We could just have the focus / worn effect as they are in 2003 minus strikethrough, shielding, etc. There isn't much of a choice with the latter since our client only support so much.

11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Loot is a rather small point when tuning PoTime.

I fully agree it sucked to get 2 drops off a God or 1 off each rockman. But I think people are throwing around worthless loot too much! Without the modifiers and focus effects they are still all best in slot items. You can cap your FT and ATK without the mods on most of that gear. I honestly think the Ossein of Time not existing on our server was more upsetting than any focus mods missing from Time gear. Necro snare click wtb!

A more important point when PoTime is getting tuned is the outdoor nature of it allowing binds (making it easier), walls not blocking AEs (making it harder), no Celestial Renewal as group heal (making it harder), and the original versions of the Quarm AEs (making it likely impossible)... Atleast for a little bit.

If you release it with walls blocking AEs and clerics not having to sink 2000 mana into MGB HoTs that zone is very different beyond Phase 3. Most every CT, RZ and Bertox was a nail biter because the AEs absolutely decimated your raid and you couldn't dodge them or position to avoid them. You just had to deal with them.

But again - This is a very very early comment on it, lots will change before this is a consideration for the devs.

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I did not derail this thread.

You can't blame me this time.

Tuluvien likes this.
  13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I always derail them.

I apologize!

14. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Classic, no... we needed a real alternative in the EQ Emu market, and this server nailed it, bugs and all.

Kunark... yeah I have to agree. When focusing on more than just one character at a time, that's a lot of quests to complete in a year, let alone other stuff... then there's the altaholics (like me)... that's another ball of wax right there...

I, for one, won't be disappointed if Velious doesn't launch in the fall. I can't speak for others, but the release dates of new content seems quite nice if not just a bit too fast. It's not like people are killing each other on this server to get to content... some dragons are staying up entire spawn cycles before they die.

Speedz likes this.
  15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

It's a tough balance but I think the rate of TAKP content updates feels really good. There is a lot to do in Kunark and WAY more to do in Velious.

Ransom, Ghakim, Speedz and 2 others like this.
  16. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the rate of content here. Everything you guys implement feels rock-freaking-solid. It feels like EQ Live in this era. It feels like Al'Kabor (with bug fixes). Even if I was back to my normal daily playtime schedule, I still wouldn't want Velious yet. I remember expansions coming too fast on EQ Live. This is great.

I'd also like to say that I think the Time gear should go with the November 03 upgrades. It would be great if our client recognized strikethrough (such a cool skill) and the other GoD/Time skills, but at least having all of the correct items in place as well as their stats would be nice. I'd say adjust the zone and mobs to match what they were in November 2003. Even tuned, Time, Rathe, etc are still challenges.

Yinn Yang, Speedz and Elroz like this.
  17. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Ransom likes this.
  18. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Frankly I love the turn this took.

Ransom, Mokli and Speedz like this.
  19. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

This ^^^ /agree 100%

And this ^^^ Couldn't agree more, with both statements!

I don't think it's a huge deal that things like +Strikethrough, +Accuracy, etc won't work here; I just think the modified focus, stats, and drop tables that were cleaned up in Nov 2003 were very well thought out. I recall late 2003 until summer 2004 being some very solid gameplay at the time. GoD was a bit of a mess when released in 2004, but PoP and prior expansions were running like a well-oiled machine at that point in time (well, in relative terms)... I just avoided GoD like the plague, until I "had" to participate.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Ransom likes this.
  20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Fall is a safe bet. Perhaps earlier but Rob is shouldering virtually all of the database burden because I'm focusing on collecting data from later expansions before Daybreak puts that stupid mighty buff on them, and I was busy with combat mechanics.

We don't want to wait too long because we might lose access to Daybreak's servers one day; or even if we don't, they obnoxiously keep changing things.

Luddwig, Lenas, Ransom and 2 others like this.
  21. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Good point... prudent thinking with what's going on over there. We really need some drastic changes to copyright law and abandonware.

22. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Sorry to bump this, but it ties in with the broken focus effects that Darchon listed out earlier. Is there any intention of adding the EP Tranquility armor quest BP's that are missing currently (regardless of which effect is used on them), such as:
    Grimror's Guard of the Plagues
    Ultor's Chestguard of Faith
    Askr's Thunderous Chainmail

I see the others are in the database, but not those classes above. I'm not sure if any were attainable on AK however, so if none existed, its a moot point.

23. robregen

Should probably start a new thread about this. I was looking at the topic and then reading this was a bit out of topic. Anyway this breastplate will probably will have to add something similar to what it is listed since these are out of range of our item id.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Mokli likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.