Weapons stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sharpe, May 3, 2019.

1. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

When I equip a combine acrylia short sword I am seeing a DMG bonus of two points less than what allaclone displays it as. My 1 handed slashing is maxed (for a pal at 225). Are all classes capped at 225? Just wondering why I am not getting the full damage bonus. Thanks.

2. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

damage bonus is based on your level. If I recall it goes up @ level 65. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

(Your level - 25) / 3 should be the formula for 1 hand damage bonus.

4. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Thanks for the input, the formula is close enough and gaining the rest at 65 makes sense.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  5. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Not all classes are capped at 225. Think of it as a penalty for being a paladin instead of a warrior; you aren't supposed to be able to wield a weapon with the utmost mastery.

6. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Damage bonus should never have been shown on the item box. It has confused players for more than twenty years.

Draeko likes this.
  7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I was really stupid 20 years ago and I understood it; not exactly a difficult concept. Information should never be hidden. Main hand minimum damage per hit. Bonus increases with weapon skill. Pretty straight forward.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  8. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

Has nothing to do with skill, it's level based as devour said

9. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

No, it wasnt straightforward at all because it was put on the weapon box like it was a statistic of the weapon itself when it wasnt, it was a part of the character (level). It is essentially exactly the same as the damage cap low level characters have, but they dont put that on there.

Anyone who has read alla comments on weapons can see just how many people did not understand what "damage bonus" was. Constant comments that the screenshots were wrong, and sometimes it was even changed.

10. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

My understanding is that it is indirectlyi based on level, since skill is based on level

11. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

pals, pals... the dmg bonus is how much of a bonus you get for dmg! simple as that

Ripwind, Slayzz and lurari like this.
  12. Palarran

Palarran Well-Known Member

Unless it has been changed specifically for this server, damage bonus is based on character level, *not* weapon skill. For 2H weapons it also depends on weapon delay.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html (while a Live site, that specific page is out of date for Live but should be accurate for the PoP/GoD era)