Weapon skillup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sketchy, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Is weapon skillup based on how many swings you make in a minute? So hasted would result in more weapon skillups? Or is it more like a proc, where weapon delay/haste doesn't matter?

2. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

You actually proc more with a higher delay.

This is why people would slow themselves to shakerpage.

3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Yeah, more likely to proc per swing at a higher delay, less likely per swing at lower.

As I understood weapon skillup it's on a per swing basis.

4. Korbendallas

Korbendallas New Member

I think, and I may be mistaken, that weapon procs are just ppm based, meaning that slowed or hasted you still would proc the same overall amount of times per minute, before any riposte.

So swinging at a single targets back with 100% haste or 75% slow is still going to proc the same amount of times.

Where slowing comes into play is with Earthshaker, you are slowed but you riposte 1000+ attacks with the same proc rate per swing as any other slowed character.

5. surron

surron People Like Me

you don't use riptose disc when shakerpaging, you use rampage aa which is an AE attack. slowing increases proc chance because proc chance is based on weapon delay, hence the Earthshaker already has a base 70 delay.

as for OP's question, weapon skillup is a per swing base so faster attacks = higher chance to gain a skillup

6. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Ok cool thanks for the responses, my question is answered. I will find quick weapons to train with.