Velious fun!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrontaur, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Elrontaur gets jumped by a group of angry Coldain Traitors while working on Coldain Ring #9.
    ElronvsColdain.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Ransom and actualspaide like this.
  2. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Bring me the head of Murdrick Tardok!

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This always bothered me.

Ring 9 requires 5 Heads of Traitors and Murdrick's Dirk.

Ring 6 requires Pox Notes, Murdrick's Head and Ring 5.

Why couldn't they just have had Ring 9 requires rhe head and Ring 6 require the dirk :(.

Just like the wizard flux staff quest. Requires heart of ice, flame and rod of bone... But those stone skeletons drop a heart of stone! Why not require 3 hearts for conformity.

It's my belief that these are two quests where the Devs original intend was to require the same type of item from these different mobs and they ended up just mixing up item IDs.

Sorry for derail. The way I always did that part though was to root Murdrick on Druid, kite everything away and when it was clear run another toon in to burn down Murdrick while Druid kites rest.

Elrontaur likes this.
  4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

I think you probably meant Rodrick's Head and dirk of the traitor. since those are only the two items needed to complete Ring 6 and 9. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6679

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Elrontaur likes this.
  5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Yea I mixed up Rodrick and Mudrick. They have the same surname and ending first name!

But yea... It bothers me that the quest could easily be 6 heads instead of 5 heads and a dirk!

Elrontaur likes this.
  6. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Prepare to hate it all again, Rob mentioned that we'll need a modest raid force to test Ring 10 which he will work on towards the end of Velious Alpha development. I have Ring 9 so we're ready to go when he's done.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  7. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Funnest part of Ring 9 was taking down the chick that pops in the middle of the rooted crowd of Kromrif Elites. My HPs jumped like a rubber band while all of the giants battered me. Eventually they took so much damage from my DS, that they all started summoning me at once! I was being passed around by the giants like the last red plastic cup at a kegger. GOOD TIMES!

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Hrmm, that fight was always easy because you could fight from on top of the firepot and be in range of her but out of range of the 5 rooted Kromrifs. She also doesn't summon so you could just DoT her up and sit back while she shot arrows at you.

What forced you to take hits from the giants?

9. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Because I was there to keep him heal so he thought he be brave to go fight them all.

Elrontaur likes this.
  10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Rangers...

11. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

What fun would that be?

12. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

The fun never stops on dev.