3 Box Min/Max?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alphawolf, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Alphawolf

Alphawolf New Member

Hey all,

I'm brand new to this server. I'm just starting out, and I started out doing:

Mage/Ench/Cleric - (Human innoruuk cleric for the snare necky). However, I'm kinda 50/50 on whether this will actually work in PoP. For example, I can't remember, but I don't think the mobs in BoT can be aoe stunned. Even if they could, having a hasted pet break on your face would be hard to manage. Some people are saying

Bard/Ench/Cleric - (Bard spam casting mez on pet) That sounds fine and dandy, but what happens when you have to have someone tanking the slowed named until the pet wakes up and re-assumes agro. Plus, you have no malo.

Shaman/Ench/Cleric - sounds super strong especially in PoP if you have shaman slow and mainly use him to tank.

SK/Ench/Cleric - sounds good too and you have snare, FD and corpse summon. Main issue here is that it will be QUITE busy.

So, do you think mage/ench/cleric will last me through PoP? I need something a boomer can manage with boomer apm. I know enchanter super well, and I feel like as long as I mainly focus on her, I am competent at it.

To be quite honest, I'd much prefer not having the enchanter as it's a little high-key. I'd much rather find a way around needing one. However, I fear not having one in PoP will mean the DPS will be too low to keep up. Mage/mage/clr sounds fun. War/mag/clr sounds fun as well or War/bard/clr (as I've heard some people mention).

I'm also kinda toying with the idea of just dumping the third box and going straight enchanter/cleric. How dumb would this be? I guess if I'm going this route, I should throw the bard in there and afk him mezzing pet.

Please let me know your thoughts. Sorry for the long post!

2. Dominar

Dominar Well-Known Member

If you like the idea of mag, mag, cleric, you should consider bst, mage, clr/dru. Relatively low APM yet capable of handling PoP exp camps. Not the best for named with only mage instead of enchanter to charm and no plate tank like SK, enc, cleric. Tanking as a BL is a little rough in the 50s but much stronger in the 60s, especially with AA.

3. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Cromis had a CLR/ENC and did BoT wing named mobs with it. Zamiel did SHM/ENC/CLR and that is similar to MAG/ENC/CLR. No healing redundancy, and not near as good of a slow, but you would still have malo and a better pet for charm breaks, and in PoP your MAG could charm elemental stuff. MAG/ENC/CLR would work fine IMO.

4. Alphawolf

Alphawolf New Member

Yea, you got me honestly just considering ench/clr duo. I am quite proficient at enchanter. I feel like if I just focus on her the sky is the limit (with a cleric backup). Maybe an afk char to follow like a druid or bard? Druid for ports/sow/lev. Bard for bard speed. I don't think having an 18 second mez on my charm pet after it breaks fighting a BoT named sounds like it will end well. lmao

5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Honestly, ENC/CLR/X is strong for almost any value of X. You've hit on some good options: mage or shaman for malo (this will be increasingly important in PoP, as pets in some good camps will be high-level and resisty), tank, bard to mez the pet, druid or ranger to ensnare the pet.

Of the ENC/CLR/X trios, I think ENC/CLR/SHM will probably be the most versatile and powerful overall in PoP. Malo, long-duration slows, and tanking mob(s) while the chanter re-charms the pet.

I mean, you don't have to fly solo all the time. Some people here designed their trios to complement the mainstream choice of ENC/CLR/X. Since ENC/CLR/X is generally self-contained, tons of trios can complement it. Fanglore, for example, plays ROG/SHM/WIZ and it works great for his playstyle. DPS and utility are always welcome.

If self-sufficiency is important to you, though, I agree with @Dominar that beastlord is a good alternative to chanter. Like chanters, BLs can slow, buff mana regen, haste, and do good DPS. BLs aren't a CC class, but they tank quite well with some AAs and gear. BL/CLR/MAG or BL/DRU/MAG would both be self-sufficient, low-APM trios with solid DPS. They'll never be as powerful as charm trios, but then again they'll never have to deal with the frustration of wiping on charm breaks.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  6. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

I'm one of those oddities, but this was my bread and butter for exping. Bard chain mez, enchanter charm / slow, cleric pull / tank / heal. Works pretty well, it just depends on your cleric gearing on how well you can sustain. Now for PoP, this might change a little bit.

7. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Some power houses I’ve seen and been jealous of is Pal/Dru/Enc. Rez will be rough at first but you encompass a crap ton with that group and paladin aa is so damn good compared Sk. Another lesser known power house but seems to be getting some more love is Bard/Bst/Druid. Same. Rez rough at first etc.