Trio Choice Conundrum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alphawolf, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I do Pal/Ench/Dru. I originally started, right at server launch, with Pal/Shm/Dru. It worked, but slowly. The mobs couldn't kill me due to slow and heals, but DoT's, Pally DPS (if you can call it DPS) and limited nukes made for a slow grind up to 60. Snare/Ports/Slows/Heals/Rezzes were all benefits. I would never go this way again, unless I had a high DPS druid pet, and even still, I would be hesitant.

For exp grinding in Velious, I was doing Pal/Shm/Rogue, all level 60, and all decently geared, NToV, Doze, etc. This was a great trio for mowing down spiders in Velks and other exp spots. Pacify, Torpor on Pal, Avatar and Haste on the rogue. Mobs were dying before it was even worthwhile to slow them. It was a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how well this would hold up in Luclin.

Come half-way through Luclin I saw the damage being done by the charm crowd and I wanted to get into it. Charm was part of it, but I had always wanted to play an enchanter. They have so many cool spells and tricks. I never play softies, I am always paladin main, shaman, rogue, cleric, ranger, etc. So this was something different. The charming without a bard is a little tricky, and I have died many times, but that is part of the fun. Make sure you have a stun ready to go for charm break, a tash, and of course your charm.

I find it can help it you snare your charm pet, though it decreases kill speed a bit as the pet has to move around. If it's a summoning mob, make sure it doesn't get below 98% (????) unless you want to have some real fun.

Enchanters are a cool class ad I'm still learning mine