Threads without trolls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gardnerjens, Feb 22, 2018.

1. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

So when will it be posible to have a discussion without interference of ignorant stuff.
    time for arguement and not things that leads the thread off topic?

Thunderace likes this.
  2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Not today.

But arguing the rules never goes well. When nearly inactive ppl steer stuff to be a pissing match.

3. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Ya i am sorry you have to deal with this, though i hope you guys can figure out a nice way, in which we all can get a more relaxed any ease way of getting this issue along. but imo do sometimes troll myself, so i am not innocent. and i have to admit Bum has made me laught once or twice.. but still i think its sometimes disrespectfull to get the topic astratigh

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Its not that big a deal really.

We do best we can. Its not good enough for some. Lucky for them, there are greener places out there for them.

Its frustrating to try so hard, and put in so much effort, to get nothing but criticism from some.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You could unfortunately tell a post is doomed to locking when out of 40 posts Bum's only post doesnt crack the top 10 most trolly ones.

I think we can all agree the real disappointment here was that my post was at 9 likes and I think when you reach 10 likes you unlock a secret level of the forums. Ah well! Maybe in another thread I will reach the Cow Level.

I appreciate the staff's time to interact with us plebeians who only see part of the impact of the rule change. I think those of us not in the staff would all do well to remember there may be aspects of this that we are not privy to which may lead to this rule change being the preferred route.

Though as with many other seemingly insurmountable code changes or mechanics changes, the staff here has found a way time and time again to figure out a solution to these difficult problems that wasn't apparent at first. I still hold out hope that they find some solution that will quell their concerns as well as allowing players to share characters with their friends and guildmates, while continuing to abide by the 3-box cap.

Quirk, showstring and Cadsuane like this.
  6. Deein

Deein Member

I havent played on here in quite some time but i think you need to step back and take a week off or something man. I think you've been frustrated for quite a bit of time and its getting to the point where you cant hide it.

7. jcmtg

jcmtg New Member

[Please do not poke, prod...](https://i.redd.it/kpzr66wmhmxy.jpg)

8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

That's him on a good day and his response wasn't bad

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

it's just human psychology

you get 10 praises and 1 criticism, and the criticism really gets to you

https://www.theguardian.com/science...ck-why-criticism-is-more-powerful-than-praise
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/24/y...-negative-events-more-than-positive-ones.html

everyone loves and appreciate all your devs amazing work, we keep telling you that
    don't let some occasional minor and inevitable disagreements get you down :)

you cannot please all the people all the time, that is impossible

if you want some perspective, go look at celebrity's twitter replies, pretty sure every celeb gets wished cancer on them at least a dozen times a day

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Bum, Videri-Tala and Kaeril like this.
  10. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Thanks for all the work you guys do, devs!

Thunderace and Kaeril like this.
  11. J1zmak

J1zmak Well-Known Member

Could consider implementing a "serious" tag on the thread title and moderating/removing any off-topic replies (memes, trolls, derails, etc).

Edit: of course this means even more work for the mods.

Quirk and Thunderace like this.
  12. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

IBL - learned this from Haynar.

tbh there will always be trolls because internet.

only YOU can prevent trolling by not feeding the fire.

[​IMG]

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Ask yourself. What would Bum say? And if you are trolling harder? Take it back a notch.

14. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Thanks for the new avatar H

TBH you only see a small portion of my trolls. Most of them get deleted by rob with sweet nothings whispered into my ears.

If I don't troll you then you obviously don't matter.

Thunderace likes this.