The ever elusive Alligator Skin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aleatha, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Aleatha

Aleatha Member

Is there any particular gator that has a slightly better drop rate for this?

Spent most of an evening killing the 2 static spawn swamp gators in feerrott with no luck. Another 2 evenings killing the small/bloated gator in Qeynos sewers and got one skin. Are the fat and/or bull gators in innothule any better? I couldn't even find a spawn when I was looking earlier.

Really just doing this so my enchanter is being useful while I run around trying to get Shrunken Goblin Skull Earrings on the mage. That said, I would prefer to be sitting my enchanter near a gator with a slightly less horrid drop rate.

2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I think they're all low drop rate, but qeynos sewers has always been easiest

3. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I killed about 300 with no joy, and then gave up.

4. Covalerahien

Covalerahien New Member

Sorry for the necro, but this thread seems to be the closest thing to current info for this one...
    By "Qeynos Sewers", do you mean The Qeynos Aquaduct System?
    And is the spawn the bloated alligator, or am I camping the wrong thing?

Thanks In Advance

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Drop chances across the board are very low on that item.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Covalerahien likes this.
  6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

it doesn't drop in catacomb anymore. Only in Innothule swamp.

7. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Off a fat Alligator or Bull alligator. Which I think any of the little mobs running around can be a PH, not just a swamp gator, because I've seen it where there have been almost no swamp gators up.

8. Covalerahien

Covalerahien New Member

There was one guy on ZAM that posted his theory that there is no PH. I think he may be right, because sending my main in to attempt mass extinction didn't seem to help.

9. robregen

I have done this on live and certainly it has PH. You just need to know what specific area you need to hunt in.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  10. RotatoR

RotatoR New Member

I probably spent 6-8 hours hunting Fat Alligators and Bull alligators in Innothule swamp. I don't know if there is a place holder, but when I just ran around tracking I would ever only find one of those alligators, if that. Most the time I ran the whole zone and came up empty. Eventually I just started going on murder sprees around the stone hand where Stragak is located (#3 on map). I just ran around killing anything and everything I could find while periodically checking track. Doing that I managed to get the fat or bull alligators to reliable spawn every 5-10 minutes or so. I think I ended up killing 50-75 of these alligators with no skin drop before I eventually gave up and wandered off. Haven't been back.

11. robregen

yeah rare spawn with a rare drop. I think I spent like a week or so 5 - 8 hours each day camping those until the skin finally dropped.

12. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

On here, Rob? Or live?

13. robregen

live

also the quotes from an EQ Dev:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  14. robregen