TAKP Launcher issue - Mac

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkumbalek, Apr 28, 2017.

1. jkumbalek

jkumbalek New Member

Hoping someone can help me with this -

I am using the TAKP launcher and I need to delete all user data to get into EQ or else it gives a crash error that is reportable. When launching after removing all user data, I have to set up all settings from scratch. Please advise what I may be doing incorrectly.

Thanks

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

You might need to make your EverQuest.app and contained files writable.

3. Kithlen

Kithlen New Member

I'm going to jump on this thread as to not make a new one. I just started having issues with the TAKP launcher (mac user) this morning after it working for the past 3 weeks. I tried updating to the most recent OS X which did not help and I also made my Everquest.app and files writable. The error message is consistently 'Everquest quit unexpectedly.'
    Any suggestions?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  4. jkumbalek

jkumbalek New Member

That is the exact error I get. I have to delete user data for EQ to launch and reset up my interface in EQ. I also did make sure everything is writable

5. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I know what this is. It is a client bug that writes the user files in the wrong format once in a while.
    Use the backup restore menu features in the launcher. I added those to combat this issue.

For some reason the client messes up and doesn't write in UTF8 or something of that nature.

RossGuy likes this.
  6. jkumbalek

jkumbalek New Member

Thanks! Any special way to use those features? I selected restore user data and tried logging in with the same error popping up

7. Speedz

It might be pulling the corrupt files when you hit backup.
    Try one last full user file delete. Set your settings in game and UI.

Log out and then hit backup.
    Log out and hit restore.

8. Kithlen

Kithlen New Member

So I just went through this process and it got rid of the error message, but now I just get the small black box in the top left corner of the screen, but EQ doesn't start.

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I've only had that happen when I type in a password wrong.

10. Speedz

yes small black box is a failed connection to the server.

11. Speedz

I see a ton of bad passwords and a final good connect.

12. Kithlen

Kithlen New Member

I ended up reinstalling EQ altogether and the launcher and was able to get on last night.

13. Sogotp

Sogotp New Member

instead of creating a whole new thread I will just post my problem on this one. I downloaded the TAKLauncher and installed it but when I click on the connect I only get a small black box at the top of the screen and after giving up on it loading after 5 minutes I quit the app. I am going to assume I am doing something wrong so what is it?

14. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

did you make a game account within your forum account?

15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

That happens when your login credentials are incorrect.

16. Sogotp

Sogotp New Member

yes I have created a game account with the forum account. I know the log in credentials are accurate but EQ is not going to a playable size

17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Mac client does not like some special chars in passwords. Try changing ur pass to a combo of numbers/letters if thats the case.

18. Sogotp

Sogotp New Member

I am only using AlphaNumeric characters for my pass. I got the launcher to work for Sogo but no windows mode and when I try to log in with my 2nd toon I continue to get error #2 on both eqlauncher and on takplauncher.. LoL.. I always seem to get the weird problems that makes everyone scratch their heads and go "eh?"

19. Speedz

This doesn't involve the launchers. It is a client issue typically or network issue if password/login creds are correct.
    Looking at your login logs. You do have some bad password entries.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  20. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

windowed mode: edit your eqclient.ini file.

[​IMG]
    You can see the Library folder is kinda grayed out indicating its a hidden folder. To find that hidden folder, Make finder active -> Hold option key -> Click 'Go' on menu bar and choose 'Library'

As for your #2 error, i think that means the account you're trying to load is already online. Are you using a 2nd game account for that box?

You've probably done some of these steps already, but here's my boxing guide:
    1) to to the game accounts link at the top of the forums and make a second account for your alt to be on
    2) hit command (apple) + space to get the search bar and type mission control and hit enter
    3) in this view there will be a (+) button in the top right of your screen. hit that twice. you now have 3 desktops. click on desktop 1 to return to your normal screen.
    4) open system preferences (from the apple button drop down menu in the top left of your screen) and go to keyboard. then go to the shortcuts tab. in the left box, click mission control
    5) check the boxes for switch to desktop 1, 2 and 3. assign hotkeys to those. I personally use f9, f10, f11, but your mileage may vary.
    6) now you have a 1-button shortcut to switch between your desktops. if you don't like the animation that produces, go back to the main menu in system preferences and go to accessibility, then to display and check the "reduce motion" box. close system preferences
    7) launch as normal in each of those desktops. if you click on the new EQ icon as it launches (before the black bar at the top left appears) you will have mouse control in that instance once it loads.

21. Sogotp

Sogotp New Member

got it resolved several days ago.. sorry it took me so long to get around to letting y'all know.

22. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

In the Launcher, change org back to net.