TAKP 8th year anniversary - Supreme Adventurer's Satchel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by showstring, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I only did 5 or 6 of them. Like Rimidal I bought a few random Two Handers, thanks to those that farmed them.

Really the tailoring requirement on the Velium Thread was what delayed me on doing more. Also I was only online one or two days that reset outside of raids so didn’t have much time to do more.

Maybe next year!

2. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

Only ones I could bring myself to purchase with my limited funds were the velium. Found somebody with several listed for only 500pp each.

3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

dis ogur agree, reel gud ebents dis yeer

Kithani, pakman, Frosst and 2 others like this.
  4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

bump for this year. did something get changed? could someone please post changes and i'll update it

5. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

One shared bank slot across toons so I can move my no-drops

pivoo and showstring like this.
  6. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Mort has a [new tale] of his adventures.

Be careful with last year's reward being lore. Do not make yourself sad!

7. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

About the bags, this time you need Long Swords. The rest is the same. At least for the first three ones.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  8. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

I was told, you use last year one, to get new one with the same stats but different name. Then you can repeat last year steps and get last year one also. This way you have two 100% WR bags. Do you have any other info?
    What can go wrong?

9. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Someone could wrongly assume that doing last years quests but with Longswords that they would get this years bag.

He wants some bones, I forget. Just ask Mort about his [new tale]

[Wed Dec 20 13:09:01 2023] You say, 'new tale'
    [Wed Dec 20 13:09:01 2023] Mort Taleweaver says 'Since we last met, I've started researching something a little... different. It's a bit more [difficult], but with a little work, it gives the final satchel we created a bit more flair.'
    [Wed Dec 20 13:09:09 2023] You say, 'difficult'
    [Wed Dec 20 13:09:10 2023] Mort Taleweaver says 'It's actually one of the oldest forms of crafting, bone carving. I can carve a beautiful buckle out of bones and attach it to your Supreme Satchel! I'll just need a few pieces for brushing my skills up on, how about a mammoth rib bone from everfrost, some shark bones from any ocean, and a shard of bone from the reanimated ruffians of the Plane of Valor. Bring those to me with your Supreme Adventurer's Satchel and I'll give it a new look!'
    [Wed Dec 20 13:09:30 2023] Mort Taleweaver begins scraping away at the bones. Just as you start to doze off, he pulls an engraved buckle out of his pocket and exclaims 'PERFECT!'. He attaches it to your satchel and hands it over.
    [Wed Dec 20 13:09:30 2023] Mort Taleweaver says 'I may have ruined a couple of those, but I think this last one really turned out great! I made this buckle myself, I don't know why you're looking at me that way... Really... Ok fine. I may have found a shallow grave exposed in Erud's Crossing on the way here. The brave adventurer that I am, I couldn't just not dig it up. He wouldn't be needing his belt or the buckle anymore, anyway.'

pivoo and showstring like this.
  10. Domni

Domni Member

I don't understand this. Are both bags available this year by doing the quest twice, but with long swords? Can someone please explain?

11. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

All I know is, you can upgrade last years one, get different one with different name, with a new quest, like @Manstache posted. Can you then re-do the last year's one with long swords? I don't know. But it would make sense. Why would you otherwise upgrade old one with long grind in PoValor (3% drop rate for bone shards) , just to get a bag with the same stats (although with a nice new name :) )?

Domni likes this.
  12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I think the graphic is the same as the leatherfoot, fyi.

13. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

yeah unfortunately it has a cool name but a common bag graphic, really limited on items that exist in the database that also aren't already in game

Pithy and Mechaike like this.
  14. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

If only it was a bone chip graphic :(

15. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

16. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Who says it has to be a bag graphic =P. Call it some kind of Portable Hole variant, and use a super rare icon like https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=1061 for it!

Radda likes this.
  17. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Use the puppet strings graphic, see how many people have accidentally lost theirs by the end of the year.

Cadsuane and showstring like this.
  18. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Mod Rod graphic bag when?

19. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

as others have mentioned, you don't have to use common bag/container graphics for a container item

examples: necro coffins are a container, vex thal key has container that looks like a wand, howling stones key container is a glove, there's a skull container here https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=17019 , lcea's jewel box is an open container like misty picnic https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=17613

etc

if you make this a unique bag graphic, like a skull or bones or whatever, people will lose their absolute god damn minds over this quest
    those povalor mobs will have to be put on a rotation...

at the moment, with this bag looking like a haversack / naggy bag, most people have just gone meh common bag look what's the point

20. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Literally a belt buckle

https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=16395

21. Elroz

I've always used items that were created by verant/sony, last year was legends-server bags, this year I went with another legends-server bag. I try and work with the stuff available. Box of Abu Kar is a cool one, but it's 2.0 weight so it would have been a downgrade in bag stats but had a good box graphic.

Ripwind and Pithy like this.
  22. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Anyway yes you can have both bags.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
    pivoo likes this.
  23. Break

Break People Like Me

My suggestion was the mod rod graphic. It's the best way to keep people doing that quest.

24. Aithne

Aithne Member

Just use leather boots graphic and put some presents in it ;-)

Tuluvien likes this.
  25. Elroz

heh yeah, they have that santug's stocking on eqlive, uses leather boot graphic. I think it was from the first or second time they did a winter event

26. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  27. phinyx

phinyx New Member

can i not start quest 1 right now? he hands me back the spiderling silk and the rusty two handed sword and says he does not have a need for them

28. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Wrong weapon. Use Rusty Long sword. This year are Long Swords

29. phinyx

phinyx New Member

thank you!!

30. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Could always just change the weight in the DB. Especially if the box can't be gotten through other means, it shouldn't matter much.