Signet of Might TAKP vs. Live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frosst, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Hopefully this is the right forum for this post.

I noticed the other day that on Live, the Signet of Might gives +130 mana. See https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=20380

On Al'Kabor (and I believe TAKP), it gave/gives +145 hp, but no mana. Does anyone know when they added the mana increase to this item on Live? Would make the choice between Signet of the Arcane and Sigent of Might a bit trickier for some classes.

I looked through the old patch notes I could dig up and did not see mention of this change. More curious than anything.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Manstache and Frosst like this.
  3. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Wasn't aware of that resource (or if I ever was, I had forgotten about it). Thank you.

Looks to be a change that is out of era for our dear server.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Even without the mana, you will see a lot of knights go for the Arcane for the mana regen and manapres. Resists are decent too.

5. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Right. Was mainly thinking Signet of Might would be more interesting for Shaman and Necro if it had +130 mana because of the Regen. They each get the Preservation of Xegony on their elemental sleeves/boots, and regen is somewhat hard to come by for those classes.

6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I use mine for the working +dodge% modifier on my caster. Seems to be more useful than a little bit extra mana

7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

yeah, my chanter uses Might for the dodge mod and my SK+cleric use Arcane. bard will use Arcane for the FT3

showstring likes this.
  8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

you mean for the mana pres mod, cause for bards it makes Chorus do +15% more mana per tick, right?
    #bards

Pithy likes this.