Server listing on EQemulator.org

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dcdebonair, Jan 25, 2015.

1. dcdebonair

dcdebonair New Member

Hey devs,

What are your thoughts on getting TAKP listed on the eqemulator.org server list? I guess it would need its own subsection, but I'm I'm sure that could be done.

I'm thinking that would drive some internal traffic from existing emu players, especially if you were to include the word "Progression" anywhere in the description of the development style.

Beyond internal traffic, if players new to the EQemu scene are going there first, you might be able to catch a portion of that population as well.

2. Tollen

Tollen Member

This has been ask before, I think the main issue the the difference in Clients.

Not even sure this is an option even if its made clear on the server list that you need custom client (yes p99 has its own "client" but ours it little more "custom")

my 2cp, devs would know more

3. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

^ not possible with out client.

4. dcdebonair

dcdebonair New Member

Not even to have a static entry without the current player count, and a description and a disclaimer with a link to the client setup guide?

It doesn't actually have to be IN the server list itself, but having something (anything) somewhere on that page would be nice.

5. Laugher

Laugher New Member

I'm not really sure how it all works, but I get the sense that it would have happened earlier in the name of having a more classic client option available if it could

with that said though, somebody's going to have to adjust it for the new RoF client to be compatible in the near future anyways, perhaps a listing/the ability to connect via eqemu ls with takp clients to here could have a good word put in for it? :p

6. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

RoF client? I don't see that happening anytime soon or ever.

More people = more problems.

Right now being stuck in classic there is already a limited fixed amount of content available to the current player base.

7. Laugher

Laugher New Member

Yeah I think my post was a little unclear:

http://www.eqemulator.org is currently working on making the current SOE PC client (aka RoF2) compatible with their project and able to use their login server

My idea, although I admit it is a awfully long shot, was that since they are already working to accommodate a new client over there perhaps they would consider adding the ability for takp's client and server to be able to be used to log into this server through the eqemu login server (which would then be listed on eqemulator's server listing), hence giving us a listing on their login server list.

I'd consider it a victory though if it even became feasible to have this server listed on their site; this servers pretty good so far having a few more faces around couldn't hurt, especially post-classic

8. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Essentially to be added to the list, KLS or someone who knows the loginserver would have to add in our client version code with crc and crypto checks and whatnot if I understand it correctly. We would also have to modify our setup and potentially code to hook into their loginserver.

A bit of an over generalization I bet and I may not have it all correct. But CD/KLS/Secrets would know more.

Also I would imagine that on top of the headache that already exists for boxing control, this would make that 10x worse.

9. shortok

shortok People Like Me

Just do it like P99.

"YOUR CLIENT IS DUMB AND OUTDATED, PLEASE OBTAIN A COMPATIBLE CLIENT." -Character Select