Ooc and ucs

Discussion in 'News' started by robregen, Mar 7, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

As the way to test it's reliability of UCS or Universal Chat Server against a more populated server that isn't possible on the EQMacEmu Dev Server, we will disable the use of serverwide ooc meaning everyone will need to start using the Alliance channel. This will become effective on March 9th, 2016 after the server reset / patch.

We are also disabling /auction channel so players don't abuse it due to serverwide ooc being disabled. Auction channel can be created using the UCS so that's way it can be use for serverwide. Feel free to discuss in the general forum, but please be constructive about it rather than being critical of it. Any inappropriate comments will be deleted

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Elroz and Lenas like this.
  2. robregen

We did some refactored and rewrites to UCS system. A developer from eqemu did some work to it and I merged it to our source. So I would like to disabled serverwide ooc and auction for the next two weeks (5-18-2016 to 6-1-2016) to test this change.

If it is still an issue, I will enabled it back on after that two weeks is up.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Ravenwing and Bum like this.
  3. robregen

Due to the recent change and fixed for UCS. We will disabled serverwide OOC on October 19th for a few days to test its stablity.

Mechaike, Ravenwing, Elroz and 2 others like this.