Rogue Weaponry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thucydides, Jun 27, 2019.

1. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

someone with some math chops drop some knowledge on me.

what ratio would i need to have to overcome the 40 atk on ragebringer? does it matter if its prim/sec?

also happy to hear some strats behind use of primal (when do you switch it in / out and into what slot and why?)

i looked around for a thread on the subject and didn't find anything, but maybe my search skills are subpar.

2. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

A+ post. Guess this goes for ranger offhand too. I’m curious to find out if anyone knows. I’ve been using claw of lightning 14/18 vs ranger epic 13/21 40atk

3. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

I remember reading something similar on the Safehouse website.

Have you checked there?

4. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

When I did some parses in this vein a while back, my test ranger found nearly identical dps over 35 minute parses using Baton of Flame mainhand and offhanding Swiftwind (13/21 40 atk), Claw of Lightning (14/18), and Tolans (15/21). Everything else was equal. Claw of Lightning actually had a slight edge over the others, maybe about 1%. 30 atk was enough to offset 2 damage same delay between SW and Tolans.

But the atk might scale better with better weapons, aka Luclin weapons, possibly. Though probably not by a whole lot. Ragebringer is 15/25. I strongly suspect that if the math above holds up in general, Ragebringer would quickly be outparsed by even mid level rogue raid weapons like Ishinaear Xiall (15/20) or Tor Vignus (15/21, 7% piercing mod).

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Ripwind and sowislifesowislove like this.